Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Chocolate Labrador Pups born yesterday!!  (Read 11866 times)

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Chocolate Labrador Pups born yesterday!!
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 12:19:19 pm »
They look really healthy pups  :love: .

Well done.

Are you planning to keep one? ...... I wouldn't be able to resist.  :love:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 12:30:04 pm »
Expecting to see a photo of Sandy under the heat lamp with the pups  ;D

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 03:25:21 pm »
I am in a daze now, I fell fast asleep from 1 on instructions from my better half as I was up all night, now I feel drunk... I thought about sleeping under the lamp but then I would not get up quick enough.....the bed I put next to the pups is hard to get up from and is uncomfortable anyway, yes, we are going to keep one, I actualy want to concentrate on training one and her mum, they have done the odd stint and a bit of beating but not too often due to not being available due to the B&B. I missed out on a brilliant shoot to come, the best day out ever plus £50, lovely people, food and drink 'hick' a plenty, if me and my husband went that's like getting £100 for a walk, beaters and pickers up are in very short supply and really needed, so when we are finally sold the house, that's the plan for one of the choice girlies.....not so keen on keeping a male but I always fall for the male pups,  but then I keep in contact with most of the other pups I have had and that's brilliant to see  :thumbsup:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 10:42:21 am »
I am not so sleepy today and will post another photo later!! nothing much to see as yet though :thumbsup:
I only posted the pups on here as I love to keep in touch with any pups new homes and I thought I would ask on here! :thumbsup:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 01:50:58 pm »
Nearly ready to name the little choice drops, think I am going for herbs and spices, they do not have to keep them but I do not want the usual chocolate bar names or coffee names....so its out of:-
Mango,Cumin, Nutmeg, Mace, Basil, Poppy, Saffron, Tamarind, Star Anise, Sesame, Carom, Tumeric, Coriander, Chilli, Garam Masala, Cardamom, Capsicum, Bay, Basil,Borage, Cinnamon, Cloves, Fennel..........unless any other ideas TAS'ers?

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 02:23:17 pm »
Our gsd is called khyberi ( h is silent) so ky for short , I do believe khyberi is a spice
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 02:41:53 pm »
khyberi is a lovely name.......so many give chocolate Labs chocolate names, in fact the sire is Nuttela......I want to be a bit different and run out of Lord of the rings names

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2013, 03:23:15 pm »
Have you managed to find homes for them all
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2013, 04:08:32 pm »
They are only 6 days old, the stud dog owner and myself have a few people interested but I do not want any visitors at the moment and I am not in any hurry just yet! 

They will all be sold  as the stud dog owner sells to  hunting and shooting parties and trained dogs as well as doing demonstrations  everywhere so people always ask him for dogs and the pups I have had previously have a very good reputation, they are going to make brilliant pets or working dogs, mum and dad dog are very similar, sound, rock steady and very clever !! and healthy of course
http://www.mordorgundogs.com/ 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 04:23:56 pm by happygolucky »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2013, 04:33:13 pm »
What's the sire's KC name?  I had an inquiry from Our Chairman today and didn't know.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2013, 04:43:20 pm »
He can either contact me or Charlie, the last litter a few people visited Mordor, its not far away and he is doing a demonstration near here soon, forgot the date but the notice is up in Devilla, if you are after checking his hip score its done and its very good, eyes clear but then any buyer will have all the correct information!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2013, 04:47:35 pm »
No, he wanted to look at the pedigree before going any further mainly because they are chocolates..  Doesn't matter I found it - Nutella, but why hide his KC name?  I'm sure the hips and eyes are done, as I suppose are Rhum's I didn't question that at all.  I've told him to look on Charlie's website.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2013, 04:57:20 pm »
The web site is old and before he was old enough to have his hip scored, not hidden, although he may well update it now as he has help re a secretary and his internet connection is very poor, he only sends 2 word E mails usually also on the stud dogs is Rhum, his yellow Lab and granddad of all our previous pups he is no longer around sadly, he was a wonderful dog and loved to bits, like I said, that's an old site.....

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2013, 05:02:38 pm »
But Nutella's pedigree is there so that will do Ed fine (Assuming Charlie only has one Chocolate Stud dog).  Except that his sire's name is spelled wrong - should be Expresso not Espresso.  I've always liked Zeus.  Lovely temperament.

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2013, 05:07:51 pm »
They are gorgeous  :love: :love: :love: :love:  its a good job you're a long way away  :innocent:
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS