Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Is this the end of summer?  (Read 5604 times)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: Is this the end of summer?
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 05:41:30 pm »
Serious thunderstorm and 1" rain yesterday. Back to being hot and sunny again this afternoon. One BC quaking under the table, one looking worried and the new pup not too concerned.

Still need more rain (between 10pm and 6am please  :)) and a breeze would be good  :relief:

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 06:26:10 pm »
No thunder or lightning so far though it has looked ominous . Started raining 4ish  :raining: and finished about 20 past  :sunshine: . The ground is now dry again.

funkyfish

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Devon
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 06:31:22 pm »
We need some rain! Only had a few showers here (Devon). The water butts are empty so am driving 200L water up the field most days in 25L containers- its getting me fit! I can now carry one to the pens from the car and lift one to shoulder hight and pour it in for the piggies. I hate going to the gym and have never done well lifting heavy stuff so I think I'm doing good- not bad for a girl!
Old and rare breed Ducks, chickens, geese, sheep, guinea pigs, 3 dogs, 3 cats, husband and chicks brooding in the tv cabinate!

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 06:57:34 pm »
The weather should be much quieter across most of Britain today and despite temperatures easing off it will still be generally warm. In central and eastern parts mostly dry weather is expected with sunny spells developing and temperatures probably reaching 27C (81F) in the south eastern corner. Still very warm but noticeably cooler than in recent days. In the west and north west showers are likely to continue, becoming heavy at times, but there will also be dry and sunny spells. During the next couple of days the showers will again become more widespread, with some hefty ones mixed in. Temperatures are set to remain above average, but lower than during the heatwave. By the weekend the plume of hot air will be over the near continent. It could be close enough to warm things up                Much quieter weather for most today and still warm                    :sunshine:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS