Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: sheep rescue in sussex kent  (Read 6804 times)

Cjnewton82

• Joined Nov 2012
sheep rescue in sussex kent
« on: July 03, 2013, 09:25:07 pm »
I have come across a sheep rescue  called happy ending animal rescue. they just ask for a small donation. they will even deliver i pick up 10 cross breed sheep for for 125 with delivery. so if anyone needs lawn mowers in the Sussex / Kent area that is where to go

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
Re: sheep rescue in sussex kent
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 10:18:49 pm »
Do you have to sign to say what you are doing with them?   Could make quite a lot of money just selling them on!
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Alicenz

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2013, 03:55:41 am »
hmmm I think get back in your wellies!!!!

Hillview Farm

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Surrey
  • Proud owner of sheep and Llamas!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2013, 09:44:41 am »
They look like such a nice centre! I've messaged them! What sort of sheep are yours?

Cjnewton82

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 01:26:16 pm »
there has been no meshion of signing anything but the sheep are not coming till next week so maybe they will bring some papper work then? The only thing they have asked is that i don't eat them!! which I wont as they will be my lawn mowers.
All the sheep I'm picking up are cross breeds not sure  what crosses they are I'm letting the guy choose my sheep so its more of a surprise when they come!! I'm a big kid really!!!!@ :excited:

Taking on the field has been the best thing i have ever done i love it so much i think I'm going to cry like a big girl when my pigs :pig: go to the big farm in the sky on the 16Th Aug

Cjnewton82

• Joined Nov 2012
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 08:10:32 pm »
Ok ten new sheep are here. They are lovely and are already doing a great job of getting my grass down no more petrol strimmer for me yay!!!
Just to clarify you don't have to sign anything when you take on the sheep all you have to do is the movement that you do for all animals.

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 08:14:34 pm »
So....

If you aren't supposed to eat them - what do you do with them when they get old? Let them waste away and die or do you shoot them and pay the disposal man?

Hillview Farm

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Surrey
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2013, 05:30:36 pm »
I spoke to them today and they asked me what I do with my sheep, I told them that I have a few recues of my own and I breed from my ewes..... Do not like the person on the end of the phone who basically called me irresponsible because I breed from my sheep.... They said I was part of the problem and too much breeding goes on.

Ended by saying no thanks. Its stupid, they clearly only want to sell as pets but yet when a good home comes up they turn it down, Stupid people!

shygirl

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2013, 05:54:43 pm »
They said I was part of the problem and too much breeding goes on.

why deny a ewe its natural vocation in life of being a mother, especially when there is a shortage of meat worldwide?
i have never understood animal sanctuaries when they are full of pigs and sheep. bizarre.

Hillview Farm

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Surrey
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2013, 06:05:46 pm »
It really annoys me! No point in having an animal that doesn't earn its keep!

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2013, 06:50:43 pm »
I spoke to them today and they asked me what I do with my sheep, I told them that I have a few recues of my own and I breed from my ewes..... Do not like the person on the end of the phone who basically called me irresponsible because I breed from my sheep.... They said I was part of the problem and too much breeding goes on.

Ended by saying no thanks. Its stupid, they clearly only want to sell as pets but yet when a good home comes up they turn it down, Stupid people!

Too much breeding of meat animals goes on?

Is there a punchline?  :roflanim:

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 06:59:32 pm »
why deny a ewe its natural vocation in life of being a mother, especially when there is a shortage of meat worldwide?
i have never understood animal sanctuaries when they are full of pigs and sheep. bizarre.

I honestly don't think half of them know what they are doing.

I had to take two pigs to one - the people who owned a farm that I graze were moving to town and renting the farmhouse and so they gave up their sows, but couldn't bring themselves to eat them (I was originally taking them to the abbotoir on the promise of many sausages.. :-[  ). So I pulled into the rescue centre (which mostly rescued dogs, it seemed) and asked where they wanted the pigs. The area that they had fenced off for them wasn't accessible by vehicle (which was bloody handy, I must say) and I had fed the pigs to get them on the trailer, so I knew they weren't really up for following a bucket. When I asked how we might get the pigs up to the enclosure, the person looked at me and in all seriousness suggested we carry them. Two full-grown OSB sows....

They got quite the shock when I let them out of the trailer, but still proudly told me that they would never be slaughtered and they had bought a couple sacks of nuts and it wasn't as expensive as they thought. You should have seen their faces when I told them that they would get through a sack each per week.......

I had half a mind to take the pigs back, but the original owners had moved out and I would have had to look after them indefinitley.....

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 07:06:45 pm »

I hope you weren't drinking a cup of tea, I would have snorted it all out of my nostrils if they'd said that to me. Animals that are overbred and can't be eaten, that's an issue. Animals that can be eaten, that's only an issue if you won't eat them or let others eat them!

Crazy mad.

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 02:58:01 pm »
Some folks just don't seem to get it, do they?  The whole idea of farming is that if you're a good (and sometimes a lucky) stockman the animal ends up on a plate.  They think farmers are nasty, exploitative cynics and never consider the 14 hour days put in during lambing or the all-nighters to safely deliver a calf.  I can't think of a farmer I know that doesn't try to make the journey to the plate as long, healthy and stress-free as possible.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS