Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A heat wave round the corner  (Read 11630 times)

Victorian Farmer

A heat wave round the corner
« on: June 29, 2013, 07:43:27 pm »
I do think that we will have a heat wave for next friday im saying 30 c could be beat i havent seen this set up since 2009 i do hope things warm up for you folk ..................This was said this afternoon paid forcast farmers up date Just a very quick post today because the message is simple and over analysing the situation isn’t the best use of time on a sunny Saturday afternoon. The key message is the first half of next week looks iffy, especially in the north. During the second half and into the following week there are indications of high pressure building strongly and cutting off the westerly flow. This would give the potential for heatwave conditions to develop.                                                                                                 

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
Re: A heat wave round the corner
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 08:00:38 pm »
Fingers crossed
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 08:35:22 pm »
Is that for Central Scotland as well? I will do my washing then :innocent:  (only have one summer outfit)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 09:52:12 pm »
Looking forward to that  :thumbsup:

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 10:17:00 pm »
Me too, we are cutting hay on Friday  :excited:

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 04:08:06 am »
Forecasting 35 degrees here (in the shade) next week. So may need to damp down the chicken runs. Got thunderstorms and rain first though.

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 08:07:30 am »
Well, everybody else seems to have had the heat wave - it's our turn now.

(Can't cope with heat - guess why I live in Scotland! It's too hot for me when it gets up to 20 degree - Celsius, that is, of course...)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 08:13:49 am »
I so remember the last summer we lived in England, I was so hot I had to visit a drug dealer and beg for a glass of water. (I was going to visit them as part of my job :innocent: )

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 09:02:53 am »
Thank you VF  :thumbsup:   Better fish my bikini out then (that'll scare the neighbours  ;D  ) Just saw on the news about Death Valley being 53C at the moment, scary!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 09:28:14 am »
Thank you VF  :thumbsup:   Better fish my bikini out then (that'll scare the neighbours  ;D  )

Hehe - that reminds me of the last time I wore a bikini... '84, I think it was. An ancient bikini (50s style, jumble sale!), plus wellies, and me on the tractor in Australia. Oh dear...  ;D My colleague's eyes nearly popped out!

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2013, 10:55:46 am »
I so remember the last summer we lived in England, I was so hot I had to visit a drug dealer and beg for a glass of water. (I was going to visit them as part of my job :innocent: )

Did you use to be a 'runner' then?

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2013, 06:31:03 pm »
Me? runner?  :roflanim:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2013, 07:13:14 pm »
A heat wave to me is anything over 15  :excited:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2013, 07:18:17 pm »
A heat wave to me is anything over 15  :excited:
and me, and I do only have one dress and NO BIKINI thank goodness :innocent: .....
I worked along with the drug team at the time Alistair .....knew all the right people with all the money

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2013, 08:59:04 pm »
Hot days ! no fun really as the afternoons are usually spent indoors then its all go of an evening. I guess there is no pleasing me unless we have no wind, no rain and a nice 20-25.
i just can not imagine being in the west coast of the USA with such hgh temperatures. Not sure that there are any smallholders  there but imagine having to look after animals out there - as it is I have topped up water 3 times today.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS