Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Were You Bullied At School Or Work.  (Read 4322 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Were You Bullied At School Or Work.
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 09:36:31 am »
I assume that some of us were on the bullies side doing the bullying at some point...  maybe they would care to comment now?

There's been a fair bit of it on here has there not in the not too distant past??.......or is that not the same :-\

There has been a fair bit of it on here until recently and that is sad (trolling, comments against others choices, racism and homophobia to name a few I've seen). Supposed grown ups who should know better - but don't.

My children have been at the rough end of bullying but have formulated their own comebacks now (verbal) and hopefully are strong enough characters to deal with the sort of people that crop up in life along the way.  Yes, I think most bullies have been bullied in their own life but its how they learn to deal with it, or how they are helped to deal with it, that dictates whether they go on to be bullies.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 12:24:18 pm »
A bully takes your sole away, and I married a bully but then again, he could not help it as that was due to his upbringing, I am good friends with him now although never forget the very bad things he did.
I had a job where the boss was a bully, she actualy picked on others but they put thier notice in and were off soon so took it all in thier stride, I found my boss to be extreamly racist and kept notes but nothing was done, when she started on me I walked out,  I intended to stay but that was that. I must add, she was in fact sacked not long after I left and my best friend and ex police women ended up having a breakdown due to her, people do need to deal and make note of issues with a bully to nip it in the bud.
On here people forget being racist is the worst form of being a bully, I sometimes wish I had stepped in sooner but thats me, and as I am not always good with words can be taken wrongly.
Being a bully is a sign of weakness, they try to make others weaker so they gain status, I do not need status as I am happy on my own with my family.
I was never ever bullied at school and detest how power goes to some peoples heads!!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 02:49:56 pm by happygolucky »

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 12:24:16 pm »
Plums, my grand daughter was bullied at School buy her teacher!! She was left out of certain school events and given different work, why? she is dark skinned as her dad is from Asian decent (and Scottish actualy) and the village was very white, after a while my daughter removed her and she did well in a more mixed school, so, its not always the children that are to blame either.

downtoearth

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Outskirts of Inverness
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2013, 09:07:22 pm »
I was bullied at school, and it made me a bit defensive. I knew I wasn't thick but was constantly told i was and also lazy. It took me till I was 42 to discover I was dyslexic so life was really difficult. I wasn't lazy just hated trying to do things right and always being wrong.  Married a control addict and got out after 17 years, so now feeling better about myself, you just have to keep believing in yourself somehow. taken nearly 60 years! But life good!!

Hassle

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2013, 09:18:31 pm »
I was bullied at school, I used to be forced to do all this work for these nasty people and my parents where forced to pay for this pleasure.... blinking teachers  :innocent:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2013, 10:09:11 pm »
LTD I found out I am dyslexic when I was 60.  And I married a control freak as well.  Even his father accused him of being a bully.

downtoearth

• Joined Nov 2012
  • Outskirts of Inverness
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2013, 10:13:41 pm »
Poor you - hellish really. hope you're not still attached to him!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS