Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Make yourself known  (Read 17748 times)

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
Re: Make yourself known
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 06:44:10 pm »
I've pm'd you Dan!!

I'll be there Friday and Saturday!

Who else is going when??

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 07:44:27 pm »
Lee - I am going on Thursday, let's hope the weather is better than it is today! Did you get homes for your gorgeous boys?

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2009, 08:38:03 pm »
I understand the priority for issuing badges to the Scottish fraternity...but please don't forget the outlying members and us Sassenachs  when you reorder...hope you all have a great show and manage to 'spot' each other amongst the crowds...there should be a prize for the person who spots the most...signatures required as proof, no guessing who's likely to be there!

farmer
 :farmer:

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2009, 09:13:16 pm »
James - No homes as yet!!

The sad news is that their mum dropped dead yesterday!, absolutely no reason for it! I was gutted, she was a gorgeous saanen and such a great mother to her kids and the pet lambs that she adopted.

Fortunately, my other goats have fostered them at the moment( albeit with a wee bit persuasion, and feeding), so if I get them to take them for a week or two then they'll be fine!
Fingers crossed!!!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2009, 09:16:19 pm »
Oh Lee that is just awful, I am so sorry. That is one of the reasons I have always been warey of breeding - just incase something went wrong, I wish you luck with the kids and fingers crossed you have nothing but success from now on. :)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 09:35:10 pm by jameslindsay »

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2009, 09:20:45 pm »
Thanks James

They all seem fine just now, but its always sad when you lose a pal!!!

Thankfully they are all together, so I'm optimistic for them.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 09:11:02 am »
James my condolences, its very, very hard. 

Kerrygirl

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Killarney, Co Kerry
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 03:33:07 pm »
James,

I also send my condolences, it happened to us just 3 days ago too.  We had a calf that was quite weak born 3 months ago, she was constantly battling something or other.  I had requested my OH to get the vet to put her down but the vet said that he has seen worse making a complete recovery and we can keep an eye on her to see how she gets on.  Put her out when the weather got better and had really high hopes for her, she really picked up and was bright, but low and behold on Tuesday evening a half an hour after my OH had checked her I found her dead in the field  :'(.  It was heartbreaking as I thought she would come out of it.  Don't think I will ever get used to it.  But as I have heard:- where there is live stock there will also be dead stock. 

Hope the kids gets on fine.  Take care, Kerrygirl

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 04:24:38 pm »
Sorry folks it's Ukag0972 -Lee that suffered the loss of her goat - not me. I'm sure she appreciates all your best wishes anyhow. :)

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2009, 08:06:23 pm »
Any death is horrible, but an unexpected death particularly so - I suppose that's the downside for all the other wonderful times we spend with our animals!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 05:28:25 pm »
Rotten luck, Lee.

Badges will be posted on Monday first class. Photos of folk wearing their badges woudl be good. Maybe there should be a prize for the most novel way of wearing it. Or maybe not.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 06:59:19 pm »
mmmmm that could be interesting lol
Linz

ukag0972

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Argyll
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 07:25:09 pm »
I'll put mine on my members badge!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2009, 12:43:22 am »
Rotten luck, Lee.

Badges will be posted on Monday first class. Photos of folk wearing their badges woudl be good. Maybe there should be a prize for the most novel way of wearing it. Or maybe not.

How much for the badges, Rosemary?  And what are they made of?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 07:48:31 am »
Hope the French contingent can do this as well - not that we have a Royal or anything like, perhaps we could improvise and substitute the  LACEF weekend in August  ???

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS