Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A message to Foxy loxy, ha ha ha  (Read 12695 times)

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
Re: A message to Foxy loxy, ha ha ha
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2010, 09:42:41 am »
Bye Heck! aren't we a diverse bunch? Long may it remain so., thats what's kept us alive as a race.

Sandy

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2010, 12:02:21 pm »
Not all farmers are marksmen, take Old Farmer Giles  :farmer:  (not the rhyming slang one or maybe???) He may have fading eyesight, as we all do when we get older but being a farmer, Glasses would often fall off or get broken by his animals so now he dose not wear them as he is out on his tractor and can see where he is going but not in fine detail,  bad knees and back, due to all the heaving and shifting and being down in strange places (back to the rhyming slang!!) shaky hands, due to cold and the remedy of a nice hot toddy too many  ::) (know that feeling well!)Lot's on his mind and slower reflexes due to being nagged by Inland Rev etc and managing his money, soooooooooooo, when it come to him seeing Mr and Mrs Fox, he has to be quick on the draw and to pull his gun out of the gab, take off the bailing twine that's tied it too the seat to keep it from falling off, then stop his dog from running in front of his aim and so when he gets to shoot, the Fox is running the other way and only gets a pellet or shot to his hind quarters...Oh, I knew that Old Farmer Giles!!!!    ;)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2010, 12:13:43 pm »
Bluddi L sandy you know some rhum farmers.Farmers wi money I thought they all worked on their losses ???
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

valr

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Brightons nr Falkirk
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2010, 01:10:30 am »
*whispers*  Angus it must be gey windy up on that high horse of yours.
 :wave: :wave: ;D ;D ;D ::)

Hardfeather

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2010, 08:25:56 am »
*whispers*  Angus it must be gey windy up on that high horse of yours.
 :wave: :wave: ;D ;D ;D ::)

I see a lot from up here though. ;)

sheila

• Joined Apr 2008
  • Mablethorpe Lincolnshire
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2010, 09:18:33 am »

It has been proven by many nerve doctors etc, that dogs killing a fox is far less brutal than it seems, the kill is quick and instant, the dogs revert to wolf manorisms, and "Stun" the fox by a quick bite to the neck, paralysing the animal and stopping it's flow of pain.

Oh well thats alright then!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2010, 10:48:40 pm »
Yeah sure - the chasing for miles obviously doesn't bother them either? ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2010, 08:07:10 pm »
Blimey this was a good one wasnt it?? lol Well just have a couple more ciders and I will see if I can start another just as controversial  ;D ;D ;D
juliag

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS