Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Royal Highland Show  (Read 7622 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Royal Highland Show
« on: June 16, 2009, 10:56:51 pm »
For the firt time ever I am going to this months show at Ingliston and I am really looking forward to it. To make it even better we got free tickets and free parking. We are going on the Thursday so with a bit of luck the sun will be shining and that will just finish the day off beautifully. Sorry if this is a daft question but can you buy animals here or is it just a way of making contact with breeders, not that I am intending to buy any more :chook: :goat: :horse: :&>

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: Royal Highland Show
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 11:02:59 pm »
You can't normally buy animals- it is just a case of contacting the breeders. Remember and swing by the goat tent!

Beth

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 11:04:05 pm »
Beth (BAlingall) told me Sunday is best - get in early to avoid the queues as people get up later on Sundays, plus last day freebies are better.  Anyone else want to come with me?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 11:05:10 pm »
Beth - The goat tent will be my first port of call believe me. See you there and hope your girls do well for you! I see the 2 Gordons Toggenburg in the newspaper doing well, but you did tell me they had a beauty.

lovespigs

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 09:46:55 am »
It's normally a very good day out, not been for a couple of years though. Let's hope the sun shines it makes it a much better experience, enjoy!

kevkev57

• Joined Sep 2008
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 10:37:23 am »
James , I must get some glasses. I read your post and I thought it said ' Islington ' !
Kevin

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 01:52:33 pm »
Wawwwwwwwwwwwwwww how you get free tickets ?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 01:53:38 pm »
Wish I knew!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 01:57:44 pm »
Simple, the friend we are going with is the GP on duty that day. So, he gets free tickets and the best spot parking inside the arena at the First Aid point. Normally his wife tags along and gets bored but this year she will have us 2 while John works - some injustice there for him I think.

The only draw back is we have to be there first thing and leave when John finishes duty at the end of the day but I can live with that I think.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 01:59:33 pm »
Okay anybody else does judging and what a tag along lol
hehe

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 02:04:24 pm »
The picnic basket will be packed and lots of liquids to wash it down ha ha, poor John won't be able to take even a sip! Who said being a Dr was rewarding?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 04:05:42 pm »
I wonder if they share the duty doc job around!  My son-in-law is  a GP and I could maybe get in next year with him!  Mind you there'd probably be a queue - like my daughter, 3 grandchildren, and his Mum & Dad and 3 brothers >:(  I'd better just buy a ticket.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 04:08:54 pm »
Wish I was going,

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 10:41:32 pm »
I'm planning to go on Friday unless the weather is foul and looks to be better on Saturday.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 09:42:44 pm »
I'm getting excited now! On holiday at last.

Found the BBC has quite a nice feature on the Highland Show, http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/outdoors/categories/royal_highland_show/

And a nice photo here of a friend's goat- Bollinger or Bolly for short who was Best in show in the goat section last year. http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/outdoors/galleries/gallery029/07/#title

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS