Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: too hot!!  (Read 2730 times)

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
too hot!!
« on: June 23, 2009, 02:45:47 pm »
i've tried 3 times to go out into the garden to do things today, but it's too warm!!

I'm only wanting to put some netting up over my fruit plants to keep the pesky birds away - but i have jsut resorted to watering things instead - i'll need to do it this evening when it cools down

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: too hot!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 07:01:05 pm »
I know - it's great isn't it. Can't wait for 3rd July and my last day at work. I hope the weather doesn't break then!

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 10:26:02 pm »
it was lovely working out in the garden tonight!!! Loved it

the last of the material for the log cabin was delivered today, so i'm taking thur, fri and monday off work to get it built - then i can get the 2 greenhouses built and get some space back in my shed/house!! woohoo

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 10:49:04 pm »
Just after 6.00pm tonight the sea har came in and it got thicker and thicker and we even got some small showers of rain. The temperature even got a bit cold, after the amazing summers day we had it was a great shame. I am hoping that the glorious day we are promised tomorrow will "burn it off".

sandy

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 08:31:36 am »
I went out in the car, then had to buy some food and I was too hot so as soon as I came home I stripped off into the lightest things I could find that I would not be seen in public in, I then went to see the chickens and the Dickie :&> :&>, they were happy as there are areas of shade and sun in the garden due to all the trees but I wanted to post a photo of the New Ex Battery Hens, some looked dead as they lay on their sides with thier legs in the air!!! Sunbathing, bless ;D stillfind it hard to post pictures, they end up tny

Pigtails

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Scotland
    • 29brawl
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 10:14:13 am »
i've tried 3 times to go out into the garden to do things today, but it's too warm!!

I'm only wanting to put some netting up over my fruit plants to keep the pesky birds away - but i have jsut resorted to watering things instead - i'll need to do it this evening when it cools down

Don't get me wrong, I live for weather like this but as I get older I find the heat a "killer" in as much as I cannot work under it,
Like yourself we tried several times yestaerday to go out a finish a fencing project, but were beaten back by the sun!

Trying again today, although it is just as warm it is at least accompanied by a gentle breeze.
 :)
Pigtails

sandy

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 10:21:42 pm »
I soo love cool weather!!!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 09:34:36 am »
For me only drawback of hot weather is the pond disappearing (it evaporates) and the pig wallows need constant refilling.  I love it.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS