Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: . Face and hand update  (Read 14427 times)

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
. Face and hand update
« on: January 04, 2013, 11:17:32 pm »
Hand news first . The trigger tendon appointment came through , but had to cancel due to no transport , wrong time of year , animal feeding blah blah blah.
Had to go to docs yesterday (more about which in a bit) , and he said it isn't bad enough for an op anyway , so just keep bending fingers back etc for now .
I also have a nerve problem in the same hand . It is causing very bad numbing and loss of strength . I can't turn a key in a lock or write with a pen now .
This last problem has come on very fast 3-4 weeks .
Had something similar a while ago , so this one has to be sorted , bugger .
So that was the hand sorted ish .
The face . This isn't so good .
The face is still leaking gunk and doc said i had to go to dentist immediately . So went to dentist today . Got an emergency appointment . Different dentist this time . Had x-ray and she said that there is a bad infection in the bone , side of jaw .
I am now on Flucloxacillin 500mg  , from docs , and Metronidazole 200mg , from dentist , both for 7 days . Then have to have another tooth out and then a thorough investigation and see where we go from there .
This isn't life threatening (i hope !) just means another tooth going awol and enough anti biotics to keep big pharmer going for a few years .
Other than that i feel fine ! Well apart from my back , and neck going into melt down and my hips and knee going ape s**t and the sinuses creating enough gunk (ectoplasm) to remake Ghost Busters .
I think this may be a cunning ploy by 'them' , to remove me from the planet bit by bit !

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: . Face and hand update
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:21:00 pm »
I'm really glad you've got some fierce antibiotics for that bone infection - sometimes they're the only thing that will do :thumbsup: 

But very sorry your hand is getting so bad  :-*

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 11:39:19 pm »
I was going to ask how your face was - hoped youwould have seen an improvement.  Fingers crossed you get sorted soon.
Sorry about the hand though.  I have problems with my joints in my hands, and know how frustrating it is, not able to do things.  I too struggle to hold a pen, and my writing has got terrible.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 11:43:27 pm »
Cheers jk , i hate taking any drugs . After the smash i was on anti bios for best part of 18 months due to infections in my hand , (same one that is in meltdown now) , my face , (same side as is playing up now) , my head , and hips and knees . They ran out of anti bios to use on me then lol . Don't want to go there again , that was a very rough time to say the least .
Getting somewhere now though i hope .

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 11:49:16 pm »
Thanks Rox , yes my writing is now non existant , i can just about do my name , that's it !
Can still use a shovel and lift things so far though .
Things sorting out a bit better at your place now mate ?

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 11:57:03 pm »
Don't mean to scare you, just keep at your doctor and dentist to get this infection sorted. You have enough  problems as it is but  untreated dental disease is linked to heart problems. Keep popping  those pills  :thumbsup:  hope all is sorted soon  :sunshine:

The hand problem is a bŁ&§7r apart from green shell muscles ( natural source of glucosamine ) I don't know what else you can do that you aren't already trying  :thinking:

On a bright note  :sunshine: the seasons are turning so here's for a  DRY and bright ( but wet nights now and then ) spring and summer  :wave: and no sight of  :bunny:  ;)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 11:59:27 pm »
Yes, thanks for asking .....I soldier on.  Well, you have to - animals need to be seen to.Feel rough though,  had a bad cold, so will be up all night coughing I suppose.  Shocked to see how pale I am - look like I may kick the bucket at any moment. :)

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 12:37:05 am »
I had a heart attack about 6 years ago Mammy , hence the walking , diet change etc , don't fancy another one of those , thank you very much .
I take MSM for joints etc , but glucosamin makes me ill  .
 No money for any supplements  now at this time of year . I buy msm from simply supplements , bogof , 180+180 , that gets me through the year .
Glad things are a bit better Rox , hope the cold and cough go asap , they can get you down at this time of year , especially when things are going tits up all around you .
You should become a Goth mate , the zombie look seems to be in atm , unless the world did end on the 21st and they are all dead ?
Still being dead is ok , i died in 1983 , and i am still here , just .
 I think they did resuscitate me though , either that or i am the resurrection of Jesus , no , maybe not ,
I am really Captain Scarlet .

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 07:29:06 am »
Russ, your hand is certainly an issue but it seems to me that the mouth is the worst problem at the moment. If you can get that cleared up I am sure you will start to feel a bit better in yourself. So lets hope all of the tablets do the trick. Either that or you will be so high you won't care  ;D
Mind you this awful weather doesn't help. I thought we were supposed to be having a few dry days. Where I am its been thick mizzel for a few days now and judging by the weather forecast it looks like most of Wales have got the same.
I was resuscitated myself 3 times in 1985 after my car smash. Didn't feel a thing and didn't see any light coming to get me either. Perhaps he lost his torch  :roflanim:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
Re: .
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 08:13:43 am »
I take MSM for joints etc , but glucosamin makes me ill  .

Is it the glucosamine, or the shellfish that you are allergic to? I used to take vegetarian glucosamines, and know of at least one other person who also took them because she was allergic to shellfish. (It didn't seem to make much of a difference to me - I think I simply wasn't bad enough to really need them - but my friend swore she felt terrible when she once forgot to take them on holiday and couldn't get them where she was...) Not the cheapest, unfortunately. (I tend to stick to supplements from the 99p shelf these days, if any at all...)

Russ, I think you should maybe line yourself up as the next hand transplant candidate. Take care of yourself.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 03:41:10 pm »
It's all a ploy to keep you 'on-grid' Russ, so we don't lose you.

Look after yourself - it's not jsut your horses and dogs that need you, there's that lovely family - and US!  :wave: :love:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 05:42:37 pm »
As long as nothing gets worse Sally . I can cope with the hand as is , the jaw infection is going to be a long winded one i think , will just have to keep fingers crossed.

I can eat shellfish without problems Ina , but i don't like muscles , they have always made me ill ?
Don't know about a hand transplant , i think i need a head transplant , brain function is at best iffy . A whole body transplant would be the one to go for , mine is falling apart fast , as the song almost says " send in the clones" !
I should be able to stay online via this mobile link Annie , just depends on money and signal , will have to see how things go mate .

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
Re: .
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 06:22:42 pm »

I can eat shellfish without problems Ina , but i don't like muscles , they have always made me ill ?

Don't know what particular shellfish the pills are made from...  :-\

Head transplant? Now that really would be pioneering work!  ;) Better not.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 06:38:12 pm »
Oh dear...Interesting, would a head transplant...if they could do them....be your charactor or the person the head used to belong too? If that were the case, just think you body would/may hate your head and get worse>....

I think you could sell your urine, its so full of antibiotics it could clean drains :innocent:

deepinthewoods

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 07:36:25 pm »
have you heard of colloidal silver russ?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS