Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Our new pup - progress  (Read 16989 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Our new pup - progress
« on: December 09, 2012, 09:52:33 am »
Not even 24 hours since we've had Murphy, our SamoyedXterrier and he have a puppy that comes to his new name, goes to the toilet in the same spot in the garden with the encouraging words 'quick murphy', knows 'sit' and 'heel'. Has lovely lead manners and didn't howl all night (just twice about 2am).

He had my old fleece that I wore all day while I collected him and cuddled his mum and siblings whilst wearing, a loudly ticking clock, a kong toy, a non squeaky pheasant teddy and his own little room  :)
So far so good. Just off to get some flea treatment as he lived quite free range, came from a smallholding next with a river and woods! oh and his own seatbelt.

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement and reassurance. Have woken up not with a feeling of "what have we done..." but feeling really happy to have company at home with me all day
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Our new pup - progress
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 09:57:11 am »
Plums, at times you will get really frustrated with him there all day but mostly he will be great company and I am sure on the whole you won't regret having him.
Sounds as if he has excellent manners already  :thumbsup:
Sally

Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

deepinthewoods

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 09:57:20 am »
 :thumbsup:  he does look like a sweetie, enjoy!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 05:30:25 pm »
So pleased for you and Murphy  :thumbsup: How're Tony and the girls?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 05:43:42 pm »
They are good thanks Rosemary - they seem to be really enjoying having a dog about. Scarlett was terrified of even tiny dogs up until Murphy came and now (as you've probably seen from fb) they are inseparable! As for Tony, he insisted on taking the dog shopping earlier and really enjoyed showing him off when people were commenting on what a good boy he (the dog!) is. All good (apart from the cat attacking the dog...fingers crossed!)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Alistair

• Joined Sep 2012
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 06:33:49 pm »
Plums, he's had his injections hasn't he?

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 06:36:36 pm »
Sounds like a very good little boy already  :thumbsup:
Think we need some pics on here  ;)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 06:51:13 pm »
Yes he has Alistair  :)

will sort some pictures out

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 06:53:49 pm »
Sounds like the perfect puppy   :love: ( can I swap you  :roflanim: )

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 06:59:15 pm »

Here he is with one of his greatest fans, Scarlett aged 5. Look at the size of those paws!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 07:23:32 pm »
Oh what a sweetie  :love:

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 08:09:04 pm »
Aww, Scarlett and Murphy are both adorable.  :hug:
goes to the toilet in the same spot in the garden with the encouraging words 'quick murphy'
When we got our Toby as a pup we used to send him outside for a pee with the words "Toby, go be quick" (I don't recall how it started) and to this day 12 years later it is still the pee command.  Amber, our 10 year old dalmation adoptee of 2 months looks at us as if we are crazy (she could be right) when we say it.  We have discovered her pee command is "go wee wee"  ::)  .
Enjoy your little boy and the delights he will bring over the years.  :dog:

Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 08:44:34 pm »
So happy for you, must google what a Samoyd is but he certainly looks lovely  :love: :love:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 08:48:03 pm »
Looks cute - well both of them do  ;D  A Sammie is a big white fluffy Arctic dog so I'm guessing the other one may have been a Patterdale.  Not sure a Scottie would have the reach! :eyelashes: :innocent:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 08:57:06 pm »
Mum was a ginger coloured terrier - not sure which kind, will have to google Patterdales. I'm realising that one of the main downsides (if you can call it that) of a crossbreed would be not knowing what to expect eg how large he will grow, what breed traits he might develop! I read that Sammies are good herding dogs - could be interesting! He's certainly a good sniffer, nose permanently down and tail up...so much to learn and so many questions to ask you all I'm afraid!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS