Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What a difference a week makes!  (Read 2250 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
What a difference a week makes!
« on: December 16, 2012, 06:35:28 pm »
First of all, thank you to all of you who gave me tips, advice and support last week when Murphy came to join us!

I've taken everything on board and am pleased to say that you were all completely right when you said that the issues with the cat and the sheep would calm down.
Murphy follows me about while I do my jobs in the garden/fields now and is great company. First week kept him on his lead, now he just follows me and if he gets caught up sniffing I call him (in that silly excited voice  ;) ) and he runs over and is rewarded.

Walked in the sheep field today, the bossy ewes kept an interested eye on him but no attacks.

We start training on a good citizen scheme on January 5th.

Occasional poo accident in the house still, working on that though.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: What a difference a week makes!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 07:14:22 pm »
Well done both - I think it's going to be a great partnership  :thumbsup:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 10:31:20 pm »
Great news  :thumbsup: there will still be a few backward moments but there will be great leaps forward too. Enjoy   :love:   :dog:   :love:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 06:18:15 am »
Good to hear, sure you will both do well together  :thumbsup:

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 08:51:48 am »
Dogs are just like us, they start off playing and you need to train them, then they do everything you say, then they get to the teenage stage and put 2 fingers up to you...then, they soon become adults and comply!!!!!!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 09:09:12 am »
Plums thats good news. 
Don't forget that there will likely be some backward steps along the way too when he will appear to have forgotten everything you have taught him, or when he has 'selective' hearing. It certainly sounds if everything is going in the right direction now though.
Glad the sheep are working out too.  My girls have just come back after being away for 2.5 months. I wasn't sure if Archie would remember them or how he would behave, but actually he seems to be a bit scared of them. If I am patting the sheep Archie will sit quietly some distance away, watching. Once I move away Archie comes with me. He will wander about their field and eat their poo :-( but not go near them which is good news.
Sally

Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS