Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Weekend break recommendation ?  (Read 7548 times)

gillandtom

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Stirling
Re: Weekend break recommendation ?
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 07:12:17 am »
so where did the 2 of you end up going?

Luckily Jameslindsay (thank you James) did have some availability so we had a lovely Friday night in Guardbridge with his wonderful goats and ducks etc.  On Saturday we took a great walk on leuchers beach before driving East Neuk of Fife stopping off at Crail, and Elie for Icecream.  We then took  Northfifeduckling's (thank you northfieldduckling) suggestion and went to the Earthship at Kinghorne.  It was really great to see. My husband has been following the Earthships in America for some time so it was finally great to see one for real.

After that we headed home, one of my girls was a bit teary missing her mummy and as it was 1700 and 25 degrees in my garden I didn't mind too much.

Thanks again for all your suggestions.  :)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 03:38:17 pm »
I'm so glad you had a lovely time in Fife, reading your post made me even more grateful that I live here! Thanks for leaving our ducklings behind with James - I can't wait to join them up with their mums and dads! :&>

sandy

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 12:13:06 pm »
We often poped down to Cornwall for a weekend in our variouse VW's, i always had them ready to roll, we tried to get to Scotland once but broke down on the way so never made it, my first time up here was on a job interview!!! we had already planned to move and the agencies we were both with had jobs here for us. Now we are here we feel like we are perminanly on holidy, we have loads and loads to see, we both even love the cooler scottish weather, the only thing I am not too keen on is the midges, but otherwise, perfect. The VW is on the mend so we will pack up for some days out, no weekends away as we are unable to at the moment b ut, the B&B is still fun and we love meeting new people!!!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 09:06:06 pm »
I have had my holiday for the year sadly. However, I have always fancied a few days on a narrowboat, anyone tried it? It looks very relaxing and peaceful, my only worry is I would get bored, could I take the 3 dogs??? Thanks for any advice.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 10:51:22 pm »
I love the idea of a narrowboat- I'm desperate to try it out. Alex's parents used to have one actually- he spent a fair amount of his teens on holidays on it.  I don't see any reason why you couldn't take the dogs.

Beth

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009, 11:22:23 pm »
I love the idea of a narrowboat- I'm desperate to try it out. Alex's parents used to have one actually- he spent a fair amount of his teens on holidays on it.  I don't see any reason why you couldn't take the dogs.

Beth
A friend of mine has a cabin cruiser - OK it's a BIG cabin cruiser - and she takes her four dogs on that.  She has to keep them restrained when they go into deep water though, just in case they jump in and get into difficulties.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009, 11:24:13 pm »
I always fancied a narrow boat, as I said in a previous post, my married name was Foxon and they lived near Foxton Locks, a large well know lock full of narrow boats, we used to go regularly and I was offered a job at Foxon School who's head teacher was Mrs Fox and I would run the Nursery as Mrs Foxon!!!!!!!Back to my love of Foxes and Hunting (Oh no...not that again....shut up Sandy) I have never had a holiday in one but they can be hard work and sometime a bit dangerous depending on the locks, if you don't get it right you can tip up. Anyway, you basically do not get very far so it can be relaxing...we looked at a House by the canal but it went for too much money, the next thing we heard it was turned into a restaurant and takeaway for the narrow boats, you rang in your order and basically a drive through...great idea they were doing really well..

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS