Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help find April  (Read 10518 times)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: Help find April
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 07:44:07 pm »
If it's this Mark Bridger chap that had her I don't understand how they can't get the information out of him
Too much political correctness and CCTV cameras. Old-style bobbies would have got it out of him! I don't normally advocate violence but if they've got the right chap and he's either hurt that little maid or hidden her and isn't telling.......

Was there something about him being a friend of the family and falling out with them last week? Please God he is just scaring the family and the little maid is safe somewhere!

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 08:28:35 pm »
Electrodes to the testicles...need I say more?
While the police are pussyfooting around being PC, that poor little mite is out there all alone. If she is found alive, I will dance around the garden in glee in the pouring rain, but I do have a nasty feeling about this after all this time.
My thoughts are with the family at what must be an impossible time.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 09:29:34 pm »
Yes  wondered if that was it - the landrover was found in a repair garage.

All of us and half the country are worried about this wee lass, I wonder if we'll get to hear what has happened to her :gloomy:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 07:41:03 am »
I have just heard that 24 hours before little April disappeared, a car with a man driver/lady passenger attempted to get 2 children (7 and 11) to climb in. The children ran away.
Could this mean that April is 'safe' with a lady looking after her somewhere while the man is in custody? Really hope so. It could be the best of a whole series of awful alternatives.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Oneeyedhen

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 10:03:19 am »
[quote author=plumseverywhere link=topic=28057.msg278303#msg278303 date=134936

Also, we all teach our little ones about 'stranger danger' when we feel they are old enough and so's not to scare them but what this man isn't a stranger - how the HECK do we go about warning them not to trust the people they think they can?!

sorry, I know this is a thread to keep April in peoples thoughts, I shouldn't be putting these comments perhaps as its speculation and may not help the case.
"]

Our school has taught the kids to "run, yell and tell" but I dont like to talk to my son about it much as he worries about stuff. Its so hard to know what to do for the best but I do think we have to educate them, Maybe talking about April will stop another child getting into a strangers car. But then, was it a stranger?[/quote]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:08:23 am by Oneeyedhen »

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 10:43:05 am »
Yes, it's really difficult.

I was talking to my 11 yr old daughter about it and how can they really understand. Mine want to know why anyone would want to take a little child and what for. Well how can you try to explain that.

Also the thing about it being someone possibly known by the child. We live in a tiny very close community and mine do see neighbours almost as family. They are older now and listen to news reports ... I can see their confusion.

I went through, as I always have, the yell, run and tell , with mine again last night. They asked about people they knew and I said that if someone they knew well asked them to go with them, then they come and ask us first and that if that person was genuine they wouldn't mind that at all. NEVER go without asking. Also told them that things like this are very rare.

Trouble is that you can never really tell how a young child will react when put in a situation. My daughter comes home on a school minibus and one day I got a call from a mother at the school to say she had taken my daughter back to her house, half an hour drive from here, to play with her child. It was not arranged and I am not close friends with the mum. It caused some chaos and distress - she wasn't on the bus, people assumed that I must have collected her, etc. My daughter is quite a mature, sensible girl and I was surprised that she had just gone like that. ??? She said she felt awkward saying no to the parent. You can imagine how our discussion of the event went.

Okay the parent had no ill intentions but it did show me how easily a child may go with someone they know (and not that well). She was 10 at the time and an intelligent girl ..... spoken to quite a lot about dangers etc.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 10:46:08 am »
Just released on http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19843337
Looks like a grim search for a body now so sad  :'(  Unless that by arresting him on suspicion of murder they hope that any accomplice involved will bring her to the police to save his neck.
Mandy :pig:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 11:24:43 am »
Oh I so hope you are right, Mandy.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 11:51:07 am »
The sad thing is in these cases recovery of a live child after more than 24hrs is a very unlikely outcome...

I cannot put on a public forum, particularly one i want to stay a member of as to what they should do to extract the information from him...

God bless to her poor family they have been in my prayers all week...

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2012, 11:55:51 am »
Message from Coral, Aprils mum

"I am not giving up hope and have not been told my daughter is dead yet please stay hopeful!"

Taken from my friend, Sherry's facebook status. She is a friend of the family. God bless them.x
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 08:16:58 pm »
Hope and optimism are precious things that I have in abundance. Come home little one.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2012, 08:22:34 pm »
Me too, there are still all sorts of possibilities

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2012, 08:52:23 pm »
He has two kids a similar age himself. And he's not indifferent to them or he wouldn't be bothering with their school parents' evening. So I'm hoping he couldn't hurt a kid and pinning my hopes on that shadowy woman and that she has April hidden away somewhere. Mind you, even that, given that the little one needs medication and will be frightened  >:(

princesspiggy

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2012, 09:30:37 pm »
they were looking for him specifically from the beginning tho werent they? my guess is that hes on the s/o reg as the cops said they knew he was in the area etc
iv lost a few tears over this one, just heart-breaking.

Oneeyedhen

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2012, 01:55:01 pm »
I couldn't help but cry when I heard it had turned into a murder invetigation yesterday. I hope your all right and there is a differant explanation but it doesn't look unlikely now. Even if it is now a body they are looking for I so hope they find her soon and get her back where she belongs, with her Mum.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS