Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help find April  (Read 10504 times)

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
Help find April
« on: October 03, 2012, 07:03:35 pm »
I'm just going on the forums that I belong to to keep this little girl in everyones thoughts. Please can you all keep your fingers  :fc: and everything else crossed that she is found soon. Anyone near Machynlleth especially have a poke around outbuildings, old cottages, bothys etc. I know you've probably done this already but it doesn't hurt to have another look. Thanks.
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
Re: Help find April
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 07:07:32 pm »
The problem with looking for someone around here is just the shear scale of woodlands & moors etc which could take ages to search if she has been taken a bit further.
My prayers are for her safe recovery.
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 07:13:18 pm »
 :fc:  For her safe return, poor little thing.

Can't imagine what they are going through.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 08:56:50 pm »
Been watching the news.  This guy they have apprehended appears to have a number of children all over the area - is it possible he is her father and has removed her from her mother for some reason?  I hope that is the simple answer and that she is safe and well. :fc:  She couldn't survive in those hills in this weather, poor wee thing :'( :'(.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

princesspiggy

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 09:46:12 pm by princesspiggy »

heidih

• Joined Aug 2012
  • walsall
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 10:31:58 pm »
This is so tragic...plz let her be found safe and well ... :fc:
mom of 3 daughters. and a stepson, partner of carl and mommy to 2 nanny goats , 10 chooks. 4 ducks. 2 cats and 2 rabbits with their 7 babies, support worker in CRITICAL CARE and craft maker .:)

Oneeyedhen

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 03:07:51 pm »
She's never far from my thoughts at the moment. I have a daughter the same age and cant even begin to think how her mother feels, its too unbearable.  :fc:  for a happy ending.

princesspiggy

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 05:06:00 pm »
i know, my daughters r 4 and 6, the thought is soo terrible.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 05:18:40 pm »
The night the news broke I had scarlett (who is 5) sleeping in my bed as she'd had nightmares about the world ending. I happened to read the BBC news on my blackberry at 3am as I couldnt' sleep, gave her the tightest cuddle I could without waking her. I really feel for the parents and family of April, I hope she is safe and not suffering an awful ordeal, its just too awful.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 05:27:26 pm »
If it's this Mark Bridger chap that had her I don't understand how they can't get the information out of him.  If there is a God I hope he or she is keeping that poor wee soul safe

I've just read that she has cerebral palsy , makes it even worse
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 05:30:04 pm by doganjo »
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 05:29:58 pm »
She has been in my thoughts ever since she went missing.  :'(

Daughters head teacher warned the children to be extra careful .... suppose Mach. isn't that far from here and her posters are in the shops. The area is so difficult to search. Such a task for them to find her.

Doganjo- It makes the blood boil to think he may know and not tell. That is supposing they have the right person.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 05:32:01 pm »
I know Annie  :'(  And last night, My Eloise who's only 9 said "But mum, if that man that has been arrested has hidden her somewhere and he's now with the police - who's feeding her and giving her drinks?". Oh its just so sad and horrible.

Also, we all teach our little ones about 'stranger danger' when we feel they are old enough and so's not to scare them but what this man isn't a stranger - how the HECK do we go about warning them not to trust the people they think they can?!

sorry, I know this is a thread to keep April in peoples thoughts, I shouldn't be putting these comments perhaps as its speculation and may not help the case.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 05:34:17 pm »
What puzzles me is that the first report asid she went into the drivers side of a light coloured van.  Even small children would know the difference between that and a blue landrover surely?  I know it is a left hand drive so feasible she'd go in teh wrong side, but even so..........

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2012, 06:12:07 pm »
I know Annie  :'(  And last night, My Eloise who's only 9 said "But mum, if that man that has been arrested has hidden her somewhere and he's now with the police - who's feeding her and giving her drinks?". Oh its just so sad and horrible.

Also, we all teach our little ones about 'stranger danger' when we feel they are old enough and so's not to scare them but what this man isn't a stranger - how the HECK do we go about warning them not to trust the people they think they can?!

sorry, I know this is a thread to keep April in peoples thoughts, I shouldn't be putting these comments perhaps as its speculation and may not help the case.

I've been wondering about food and drink as well.  Maybe he has an accomplice.

I think you need to teach children not to go with anyone unless Mummy or Daddy has said it's alright, even if the grown up says they've been told to fetch you.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 06:13:17 pm »
I asked Scarlett what car Grandad drives..she said "eerr a small white one?" - its a silver jaguar.   I think children of that age don't understand car makes etc? unless, of course, it was another vehicle altogether in this case.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS