Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Boy Home  (Read 1840 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Boy Home
« on: September 16, 2012, 09:07:50 pm »
This morning we went to pick up our Shetland Stallion Archie who has been on loan over the summer to another stud. Mike was busy with the harvest so could not be around. After missing our turning we did in the end find the fields he was in. The ponies had free range of quite a big area but I saw him among the cattle so no problem I thought. After walking down the field with my OH I turned and said to him to stop, don't move. there was Archie in among the cows standing next to a huge bull. Thank goodness he comes to call. the bull watched our every move and once I had the head collar on Archie we got out of there quickly. He loaded and was back home before he had a chance to know what was going on. Not so happy being away from his mares but he will settle back and be running with the other boys soon.

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
Re: Boy Home
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 09:16:46 pm »
Glad you got him home safe and sound.   :relief:   It could have been a very tricky situation with the bull there.  Bet your heart was in your mouth!
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS