Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Milking thingy.  (Read 8287 times)

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
Re: Milking thingy.
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2012, 07:05:04 pm »
I wander if a 12 volt windscreen washer pump from a car would work??? With pipe work a battery and a switch. I made on for water when camping.

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2012, 07:34:33 pm »
Getting close to the smallholder milkinng machine that idea...might  work :)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2012, 03:30:03 pm »
interesting idea, would certainly be easier if your hands/fingers are painful, would have to regulate the pressure though?
it's not so much the pumping as something comfy for the goats teats that I'm struggling with.

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2012, 04:26:06 pm »

This is bascically the inside of my Smallholder Milker but the bloke who checked it was working for me took it apart and I don't no where the various tubes go :-\

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2012, 05:28:55 pm »
interesting idea, would certainly be easier if your hands/fingers are painful, would have to regulate the pressure though?
it's not so much the pumping as something comfy for the goats teats that I'm struggling with.
got some syringe tubes today and inside of them are very smooth I font think they would hurt.. Thinking about the pressure I think you would switch it on till the milk starts to flow then switch off and back on when the flow slows down.. I am going to make one then visit someone with goats for a trial

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2012, 05:32:28 pm »

This is bascically the inside of my Smallholder Milker but the bloke who checked it was working for me took it apart and I don't no where the various tubes go :-\
does it work now?? What powers it? Battery? I have a friend who fixes all sorts of electrical things I can get him to have a look at it for you if u want to post it to me

Dogwalker

• Joined Nov 2011
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2012, 05:37:08 pm »
Could you use teat cups and liners the same as on a milking machine.
I've recently had to replace the ones on my milking machine, available from a dairy suppliers.

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2012, 05:40:49 pm »
Yeh how much are they ??

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS