Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Billy Goats Gruff  (Read 2751 times)

Bumblebear

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Norfolk
    • http://southwellski.blogspot.co.uk/
Billy Goats Gruff
« on: September 16, 2012, 07:44:57 pm »
Just been reading the three billy goats Gruff to my grand daughter (again!!!!   ;D) and wondered what breed you guys think they look like - we have the old ladybird version :). Just a bit of fun really.

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: Billy Goats Gruff
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 08:46:37 pm »
What a coincidence , I look after a hostel that hosted a gang of young kids at the weekend. They came up to look at my three billy goats( two babies and one adult) and were told the story by one of the mums at the field. The field even has a little bridge(pallet affair) over a ditch that goes into my veg patch that the babies did a 'trip trap' on, they loved it. Up here a few bridges have troll ornaments under them just for fun.
To me my billies will now be the billy goats gruff! :goat: :goat: :goat:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 09:20:20 pm »
Trolls  :o I'd love to see the children's faces discovering them  ;D

The story is definately a classic passed down generations to be read over and over  ::) I remember  it as a child and now read it to my little one  :love:

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 09:55:46 pm »
Never read it but used to love the song on Uncle Mac....I'm a Troll Foldiroll,T'm a troll foldiroll and I'll eat you for my supper! ;D

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 11:07:21 pm »

From the top: Old English, Golden Guernsey, Angora I reckon and the bottom two are babies really still  :D  :goat:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 06:58:07 am by jaykay »

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 12:01:36 am »
My elder son was terrified by the story after a friend told him there really were trolls under bridges.  He wouldn't go across without me holding his hand.

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 12:09:43 pm »
Of coarse there are trolls,they hide in the water drains on the side of the road,ask any mule ;D

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 12:12:35 pm »
trolls live on the hills round here they are responsible for the swathes of trees that fall over!!!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 04:48:38 pm »
Oo-er. Maybe I need to hold my son's hand when going over bridges.  He's taller than me now.   ;D

Jaykay, that's the book we had.

Bumblebear

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Norfolk
    • http://southwellski.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 09:16:23 pm »
That's the book we have :) hmmmm, a breed unto their own methinks. My two and a half year old does a fabulous troll voice and we often have to react it with one of our scatty terriers as the troll who gets booted into our ( very shallow) stream at the end lol with the aid of a tennis ball of course ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS