Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hot deals in Tesco  (Read 15675 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: hot deals in Tesco
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2012, 05:52:58 pm »
acctually it was lillian that posted that bit about a bra  naughty lillian logging on my account :farmer:

Of course we believe you, Robert.  We know you wouldn't make a comment like that.   :-J :-J :-J

I wish we had a Lidl or Aldi near us.  We live in a very big town but they are both over the other side.  Tesco is five minutes away.  OH does most of the shopping and he goes to Asda because he can get there easily by bus.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2012, 07:38:37 pm »
you could probably save the cost of a taxi twice over tho mgom, well worth it. their milk is cheapest, but they pay a higher rate to their suppliers :thumbsup:
i once did a comparison, quality wise of their value baked beans, they were lower in salt, sugar, price, with higher nutritional values, compared with tesco, spar and asda. this was a year back mind so maybe thats changed now. and i do get thro some baked beans....

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2012, 09:16:10 pm »
you could probably save the cost of a taxi twice over tho mgom, well worth it. their milk is cheapest, but they pay a higher rate to their suppliers :thumbsup:
i once did a comparison, quality wise of their value baked beans, they were lower in salt, sugar, price, with higher nutritional values, compared with tesco, spar and asda. this was a year back mind so maybe thats changed now. and i do get thro some baked beans....

Not bothered about milk but my OH is addicted to baked beans.  (Could tell you a funny story about that).  I shall have to try and persuade him.  Trouble is, when I started working full time, he took over the shopping and enjoys it - doesn't want me along now I'm retired - and he's got very fixed ideas about where to shop.  Maybe I just need to sneak out and stock up.

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2012, 02:54:09 pm »

Not bothered about milk but my OH is addicted to baked beans.  (Could tell you a funny story about that).  I shall have to try and persuade him.  Trouble is, when I started working full time, he took over the shopping and enjoys it - doesn't want me along now I'm retired - and he's got very fixed ideas about where to shop.  Maybe I just need to sneak out and stock up.

maybe you should follow him  :D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:58:12 pm by lill »

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2012, 03:01:32 pm »
acctually it was lillian that posted that bit about a bra  naughty lillian logging on my account :farmer:
:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2012, 04:38:44 pm »

maybe you should follow him  :D

I couldn't keep up with him.  ;D   He races along at such a speed that even the guide dog is worn out.  Even when I was fit, I had to keep on at him to slow down.

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2012, 07:13:54 am »
Robert hates shopping as much as i do, if your hubby likes it so much just let him keep doing it  ;)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2012, 02:26:28 pm »
Must admit it's not my favourite occupation but, being blind, he doesn't see the bargains.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2012, 12:15:50 am »
MY OH likes going shopping at night, Tesco then Asda, seeing what's being sold off on 'Sell by' date. we get to try some interesting things  ::) , he gets to meet his like minded friends, mostly of different ethnic groups. I don't think he likes me with him, I cramp his style, and I don't like joining the 'scrum' when the reductions are going on, but I do like watch it  ;D .
Talking to a friend one day I mentioned this, turns out her hubby is just the same, we decided it was a male age related thing, come to think of it, I very rarely see white (sorry, don't know how else to put it) females in the scrum.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS