Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hot deals in Tesco  (Read 15678 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: hot deals in Tesco
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 06:41:46 pm »
Probably cheaper so they can make even more profit.

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 12:02:21 am »
The demand for food is finite, we can only eat so much after all.
So the supermarkets sales are finite, they realised this some time ago and introduced the BOGOF offer, now they're selling you more food than you need, they've increased their market.
Of course you're going to throw some food out as it goes off/stale or out of date. Are the supermarkets bothered? Are they heck.
Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 04:43:15 pm »
Tescos do usually have on the price label a price by weight or volume so you can compare and see which product is cheaper. I really don't like Tescos, but have to for now for some things :-\

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 05:18:39 pm »
I think that my local Sainsburys hate me.  Every time I go in, I find these BOGOF deals, partner up with someone who only wants to buy one, and sort it out at the checkout!  :excited:   I also make myself a real pain in the arse and take a calculator with me, so any different size packages also gets analysed, and then I tell people also buying the product.  It is such a con, it really makes me angry!  If price for a single item goes up noticeably between shops, I then ask to speak to the manager and accuse them of over pricing, and disenfranchising the elderly etc etc who only want to buy one.  I also HATE with a vengeance, those tickets they give you saying "your shop would have been £2.30 cheaper"at another shop "here's a voucher you can use next time" and then date it so short that you can never redeem them!  I have taken to doing my shop short of one or two items and then if I get one of these vouchers, I put my groceries in the car and go straight back in to get a freebie!  They must hate me mustn't they?  Ha ha!

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 05:22:20 pm »
I never look at the "price"  I always check the price per 100grms - its normally on the small price lable on the shelf.  Its easy to stick a nought on the end and work out the price per Kilo.  You have to watch for things packed in some sort of liquid or sold with a "sauce" , but they are normally marked on the packet as to how much of each

Have done that for years, its in very small lettering and they try to make it as difficult as possible but it should always be there
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

ppd

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Sutherland
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 05:53:17 pm »
Greenerlife  :thumbsup:  good on you :thumbsup:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2012, 10:50:03 pm »
Well done, Greenerlife and Darkbrowneggs.   :thumbsup:

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2012, 11:05:19 pm »
I once grabbed some  'suits'. In Morrisons and asked them why they were selling Hot X Buns when it wasn't Easter. I didn't accept their reply that 'they're popular with the customers' either. I told them to take the crosses off and sell them as fruit buns. Also objected to them selling chicken manure in the 'dairy' aisle, took that one to the environmental health as I didn't accept it was sterile, it did get moved and I've not seen it since.
Does that count?  :eyelashes:
Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 07:28:21 am »
I, too take no notice of BOGOF's, 'nor the vouchers that say "50p. off whatever if you spend £2 when the product is £1-99. And have you noticed, you never see BOGOF on gin ::) ::)

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2012, 11:08:10 am »
 Sylvia, No you do not see bogof offers on spirits,  ??? would be fantastic to see it on a bottle of Morgan's, Vodka, whisky even beer,  :'( the selection boxes will be in the shops soon and then before Xmas has been and gone they will have the Easter eggs in before the year ends. Supermarkets Hype up these events just to get the custom.

Dan you will need to get the Xmas icons on here soon  ;)

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2012, 11:27:50 am »
Very occassionally BOGOFs are okay if I was going to buy anyway and need it regularly, but I hate the psychology of trying to trick bedraggled housewives into thinking they are saving money.

Seems to me you need a degree in maths, psychology and environmental studies to be able to negotiate your way around the supermarkets these days.

Well dne all you independant thinkers.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2012, 12:12:42 pm »
Dan you will need to get the Xmas icons on here soon  ;)
He's never taken them off!  They're in the [more] smileys box.
:xmas: :carols: :xmaswindow: :hohoho: :merryxmas: :reindeer: :santa: :santariding: :snowmanhead: :snowman: :stocking:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

robert waddell

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2012, 01:06:14 pm »
Opps did not see them, well Dan that is one less job to do  ;D

robert waddell

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2012, 01:09:24 pm »
just noticed, the more icons with the butterfly it looks more like a bra anyone else see this? ;)     :bfly:

rispainfarm

• Joined Jul 2012
  • longniddry
    • The Porky Quines
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2012, 01:10:28 pm »
Hubby will only buy discounted stuff, good idea but we end up with the most bizarre things, do we really want 12 jars of nutmeg, ok they were only 12p each but even so
Author of Choosing and Keeping Pigs and Pigs for the Freezer, A Smallholders Guide

www.porkyquines.co.uk
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/linda-mcdonald-brown/23/ab6/4a7/

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS