Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: hot deals in Tesco  (Read 15677 times)

robert waddell

Re: hot deals in Tesco
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2012, 01:39:03 pm »
he is trying to tell you his life is needing spiced up a bit ;)

rispainfarm

• Joined Jul 2012
  • longniddry
    • The Porky Quines
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2012, 02:04:38 pm »
god it will need more than nutmeg  :roflanim: :roflanim:
Author of Choosing and Keeping Pigs and Pigs for the Freezer, A Smallholders Guide

www.porkyquines.co.uk
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/linda-mcdonald-brown/23/ab6/4a7/

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2012, 03:21:45 pm »
Nutmeg can be very, err, shall we say, relaxing in more than small quantities. Maybe that's why he bought them, are they going down a bit fast? ::) :innocent: :innocent:

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2012, 03:30:46 pm »
just noticed, the more icons with the butterfly it looks more like a bra anyone else see this? ;)     :bfly:
No apparently nobody else has noticed, so that's just you then Robert.  :D
Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

rispainfarm

• Joined Jul 2012
  • longniddry
    • The Porky Quines
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2012, 03:34:50 pm »
Well i must admit, I looked but maybe with alot of imagination could just about see what robert meant, but you have to work hard to see it, screw your face up/look through one eye that sort of thing
Author of Choosing and Keeping Pigs and Pigs for the Freezer, A Smallholders Guide

www.porkyquines.co.uk

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 03:48:56 pm »
screw your face up/look through one eye that sort of thing
Don't really want to let the OH catch me looking at the computer through one eye, with my face screwed up so I'm going to have to take your word for it.  ;D
Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2012, 04:00:58 pm »
screw your face up/look through one eye that sort of thing
Don't really want to let the OH catch me looking at the computer through one eye, with my face screwed up so I'm going to have to take your word for it.  ;D
:roflanim:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

robert waddell

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2012, 04:41:27 pm »
acctually it was lillian that posted that bit about a bra  naughty lillian logging on my account :farmer:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2012, 04:45:06 pm »
Nutmeg can be very, err, shall we say, relaxing in more than small quantities. Maybe that's why he bought them, are they going down a bit fast? ::) :innocent: :innocent:

Really? anyone got any recipes using nutmeg?!  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2012, 04:56:32 pm »
On the very rare occasion i go to a supermarket , i just buy what i want and nothing else . I am almost oblivious to their rip offs .
If i notice anything with gm , aspartame , sucralose or msg , i get very clumsy and drop said item , oops ! , aren't i a clumsy old fart ?
Petty it may be  , but i never said i was perfect ! I also eat pork pies and grapes etc as i wonder the store , my own form of bogof , buy one eat one free !
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 05:02:45 pm by RUSTYME »

rispainfarm

• Joined Jul 2012
  • longniddry
    • The Porky Quines
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2012, 05:23:25 pm »
Robert that is your excuse, don't believe you for one second it was lillian  ;D ;D

And it is pretty hard to find something that hasn't got aspertane, everything that is sugar free has it in.I have trained my boys now to look and if it is present, they can't have it.

www.porkyquines.co.uk

Welshcob

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2012, 06:16:20 pm »
I know they are not everywhere but I would like to advertise the wonders of Lidl!!
It doesn't have everything you need and some stuff is not of best quality but for staples is brilliant, tends to be cheaper than all the "big boys" and in many cases tastier. My favorites are the tomato passata in the Tetrapak and the Italian Extra virgin olive oil - £2.25 for 750ml! And, it is actually good oil (trust the Italian to buy olive oil).

Our local Lidl also has local meat and veg, all very seasonal like it's supposed to be (no strawberry nonsense in December!) and although selection isn't always massive, it's nice stuff. Yogurts and chocolate also very good.

Plus, OH likes the random offers in the non-food isles, where they sell anything from socks to barbecues to sewing machines! Not that we buy much, it's just the comedy value  ;)

Though unfortunately my hero Lidl doesn't sell decent tea or camomile, or things like capers or risotto rice. That's when we go to Tesco!

deepinthewoods

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2012, 06:31:44 pm »
lidl rocks!!! and aldi rocks!!!!
other supermarkets are available.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2012, 08:42:16 am »
Welshcob, I got capers and risotto rice in our local Lidl. Thing is they don't have things like capers all the time, you have to get a few jars whilst they're there. I have a recipe for pickled nastursium seeds that is very similar if you would like it.

Welshcob

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2012, 04:11:50 pm »
I have a recipe for pickled nastursium seeds that is very similar if you would like it.

Sounds nice, yes please! But where do I get nasturtium seeds?!?  ??? 

I think every Lidl has different assortments. Our local keeps stuff that probably sells well here, maybe not many ask for risotto rice. We used to live near a dodgy area and the Lidl there didn't have much else but frozen chips/pizzas/take away food, cheap nasty cheese and ham and they kept no olive oil!! Only the nasty veg one for deep frying.  :-J

Happy with new Lidl  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS