Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's everyone up to today?  (Read 82725 times)

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
Re: What's everyone up to today?
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2012, 09:08:06 pm »
Started sorting out latest hut acquired free for this years turkeys, fed and watered chooks & pony's watched Andy win his gold
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2012, 09:22:58 pm »
Today i was up at 5 am.  someone was snoring OH says it wasn't him  ::) .  tidied kitchen, put in washing and drying, made sandwiches made OH cup of tea.  checked ram lambs, 2 flocks of ewes, gimmers, all within a five mile radius of home.  went to work (8 hours) came home, went out, saw to shetland ponies ( kept in stable because of chronic sweet itch) checked other equines, checked and counted gimmers, ram lambs and ewes.

Home,  made OH dinner, fed Humbug (cat) and Jess (lurcher) fed rabbits, rang daughter and mother.  Got a beer. looked at ironing and thought **** it!!

started to make list for holiday in 2 weeks

i am feeling a bit numb now  :-\
Sounds like you are going to need that holiday!  :)

i can't wait, one whole week sleeping in a tent  :)

HappyHippy

« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2012, 03:44:58 am »
I'm just back from a 7 hour stint in A&E after Jessica (2) possibly drank some fragrence oil  :o
She's fine  :thumbsup: but I'm shattered !

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2012, 07:12:46 am »
I'm just back from a 7 hour stint in A&E after Jessica (2) possibly drank some fragrence oil  :o
She's fine  :thumbsup: but I'm shattered !
Glad she's ok - and hope you manage to catch up on your sleep just a little bit...  :-*
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

deepinthewoods

« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2012, 10:46:46 am »
going to see the new suffolk punch foal! :thumbsup:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2012, 10:53:25 am »
My sister is arriving today (first visitor since we got her in Feb) so I am cleaning  :(
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2012, 10:58:10 am »
Taking it easy this morning due to an unforeseen and totally unexpected medical problem plus a mild case of vertigo which started a couple of days ago but got worse over night. I cant look down now without the world spinning!
This afternoon should be fun though as I have to help hubby get the latest delivery of wood away before this week's tomorrow morning.
Ive also got to start getting things organised for our new arrival tomorrow :cat: :excited: :excited: :excited:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2012, 03:12:50 pm »
Dodging showers to do the usual rounds - and knitting during them  :)

Was supposed to take my mower into the garage to be fixed, but a friend arrived this morning so couldn't and not now doing a 12 mile round trip on a quad bike in this weather.

Hope it's drier tomorrow morning and they can fix it fast, as I should be able to mow Wed - Sat this week.......

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2012, 03:47:23 pm »

Lovely! Any pics?

I've been calf wrestling - OMG, George has grown and Annie is as fast as lightening. Cows getting their BVD test today in preparation for the bull coming  :fc:

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2012, 05:32:45 pm »
I have been varnishing my kitchen settle.  Good thinking time.  Was thinking and wondering how Mallows had got on with the evacuation of her girls, whether Bella was home safe and sound yet, how Plums' daughter was today, how was Mad Goat Lady coping with her pain etc.  I'm such a worrier, though I am thankful it is none of my family (inc animals) I have to worry about at the moment.  Lucky me.   :)
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2012, 05:51:29 pm »
Your username should be "Lovely lady", for thinking so much of others. I have to admit though, that I get so moved when I read some of the problems that folks are having to deal with. It just goes to show what a "family" we all are........and believe you me, I think I know more about you lot than I do about most members of my family!!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2012, 06:35:00 pm »
I have been varnishing my kitchen settle.  Good thinking time.  Was thinking and wondering how Mallows had got on with the evacuation of her girls, whether Bella was home safe and sound yet, how Plums' daughter was today, how was Mad Goat Lady coping with her pain etc.  I'm such a worrier, though I am thankful it is none of my family (inc animals) I have to worry about at the moment.  Lucky me.   :)
Aw what a lovely post! I agree with Mary, you name should be changed to lovely lady!!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2012, 06:42:49 pm »

Aw what a lovely post! I agree with Mary, you name should be changed to lovely lady!!
Your username should be "Lovely lady", for thinking so much of others.
Nah! Lovely lady sounds far too precocious and I would hate to appear to be so.  I do however consider myself so very lucky so I'll stick with that I think but thank you both for being so kind.

Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2012, 08:17:28 am »

Aww- pics pics pics!!! Suffolk Punches are so rare these days. Beautiful horses. How lovely  :excited:
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2012, 10:08:30 am »
Took the wife's car in for a valet so we can get it up for sale and just read 2 emails from our solicitor about our move. The may have been written if latin dont under stand them  ??? ??? ???
just rung him and he said he will send us a new one. Don't no whether to ring the guy where buying the place off.
rob
I am going to live the dream

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS