Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's everyone up to today?  (Read 82605 times)

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: What's everyone up to today?
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2012, 08:37:57 pm »
Split up my gilt pigs today two for showing  :fc:  two for bacon :'(  but can't keep 'em all, strawed up all pigs arks was cold here last night, during all that went to work for 4hrs, made a cauliflower cheese for tea and some general hosework while also keeping an ear on 'lympic show jumping,  now off to give runty pig his 3rd top up bottle of the day and Clover her tea and its peeing down!
mandy :pig:

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2012, 12:11:50 pm »
Been swapping the number plate round on the cars (All legal) The wife got some private plates for her 50th so putting them on mine. As where going to sell hers. A Smart car as good as it is just would'nt manage it after the move. Oh and still checking Emails  :(
rob
I am going to live the dream

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2012, 12:21:57 pm »
Picking plums with 4 children and 5 sheep as helpers. I use the term 'helpers' very loosely....the kids keep feeding the plums to the sheep who have now twigged how to headbutt baskets out of small people hands and get belly fulls at a time. not much wine this year then  ::)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2012, 10:08:51 pm »
Today i was up at 5 am.  someone was snoring OH says it wasn't him  ::) .  tidied kitchen, put in washing and drying, made sandwiches made OH cup of tea.  checked ram lambs, 2 flocks of ewes, gimmers, all within a five mile radius of home.  went to work (8 hours) came home, went out, saw to shetland ponies ( kept in stable because of chronic sweet itch) checked other equines, checked and counted gimmers, ram lambs and ewes.

Home,  made OH dinner, fed Humbug (cat) and Jess (lurcher) fed rabbits, rang daughter and mother.  Got a beer. looked at ironing and thought **** it!!

started to make list for holiday in 2 weeks

i am feeling a bit numb now  :-\

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2012, 10:27:20 pm »
Emptied all kitchen cupboards for a good scrub out.

It's now 9 hours later,  given up until tomorrow. All clean but how  the !.€$ did it all fit in? Can feel the need of a carbooty for the excess.

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2012, 10:46:10 pm »
Today i was up at 5 am.  someone was snoring OH says it wasn't him  ::) .  tidied kitchen, put in washing and drying, made sandwiches made OH cup of tea.  checked ram lambs, 2 flocks of ewes, gimmers, all within a five mile radius of home.  went to work (8 hours) came home, went out, saw to shetland ponies ( kept in stable because of chronic sweet itch) checked other equines, checked and counted gimmers, ram lambs and ewes.

Home,  made OH dinner, fed Humbug (cat) and Jess (lurcher) fed rabbits, rang daughter and mother.  Got a beer. looked at ironing and thought **** it!!

started to make list for holiday in 2 weeks

i am feeling a bit numb now  :-\
Sounds like you are going to need that holiday!  :)
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2012, 10:59:42 am »
Have just delivered one excited nine year old to pony club junior camp  :thumbsup: hope the weather holds  :fc:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2012, 11:02:37 am »
wow sbom, what a brilliant holiday camp! my girls would love that  :)

we're off for a chinese buffet lunch with grandad and I have 2 large bagfuls of produce from the garden (veggies, plums, jams, eggs and chutney) to give him  :)  rather bizarrely, my 4 girls haven' t bickered yet today...touch wood etc etc..

Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

deepinthewoods

« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2012, 11:14:16 am »
gone fishing.... :thumbsup: :excited:

Chris H

• Joined Oct 2011
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2012, 11:24:55 am »
Finishing a couple of pictures for a craft fair tomorrow, although feeling a bit sorry for myself as i have a dose of flu, and OH is back in Wales so i have the animals to cope with on my own...........not as I mind they make me laugh :thumbsup:  and feel needed :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2012, 11:27:29 am »
Applying for olympics tickets.

been doing it for 12 months...still not got any  :fc:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 06:14:34 pm by Greenerlife »

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2012, 04:27:09 pm »
Sun is shining so about to go for a walk.  Dogs will be pleased.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2012, 11:52:48 pm »
Spent all day making a decoupage card for my 12yr old niece to decide tonight that it looks too old. The other two little cards from my boys look good  :thumbsup:

Tomorrow will start another more innocent looking fairy decoupage and will leave today's card to my other neice for a few weeks time.  ( todays work not too wasteful. )

bangbang

« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2012, 12:01:57 am »
Painting in Gardenstown today, cliff to cliff sunshine... calm sea, seagulls, and magnolia!

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2012, 07:26:08 am »
Coughing  :(
I have had a bad cough for a week now and my throat is getting very sore.
OH had some lumps removed from his head under LA on Thursday so he's got a sore head.
So this weekend is going to be fairly subdued I think

We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS