Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's everyone up to today?  (Read 82667 times)

bangbang

Re: What's everyone up to today?
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2012, 07:14:51 pm »
cut wood, cut wood, etc. etc. finished cutting wood :relief:

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2012, 07:35:43 pm »
We had a little grey fergie 1955 delivered - and I forgot to collect the kids from school in all the excitement  :excited: :excited: :excited: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :excited: :excited: :excited: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :excited: :excited: :excited: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
Ae you David Cameron?   :innocent:

No, just a bad mother  :surrender:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2012, 08:12:38 am »
Office, office, office then home alone for four days this afternoon as OH is off to Spain for work so I am manning the homestead  :excited: .

I'm going to have lunch at my favourite cafe every day and sneak off to the launderette over the weekend to do a wash   :innocent:
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2012, 08:19:37 am »
Goat sitter coming to run through our livestock routine (ready to sit for us over the weekend) at 9am
Approved food order (ie. 50 creme eggs, 100 packets of crisps and a multitude of what I can't remember as I was tipsy online shopping again, oops) at 9.30am
9.50am - youngest child being picked up to go to the Wacky warehouse with friends
10.30am Indian head massage (yay!)

Huge bath sherbet and soap order to pack
Shoes to buy for 10 year old (must be funky as starting new middle school in sept)
Pack ready to go to Devon crack of dawn tomorrow - eek!

Clean out chickens, make sure goat sheds clean and straw'd, check sheep over

Bit of Ashes to Ashes DVD while I do ironing (for w/end away)

Chippy for tea?

I'm not going to fit all that in am I?!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2012, 08:28:57 am »
And when does Wonderwoman arrive?  Oh no she is clearly already there!  :trophy:   Even Wonderwoman would need to close her laptop to get through that list.  Good luck!  At least you've got a holiday at the end of it.  :thumbsup:
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2012, 08:29:50 am »

Well - the road to China starts with the first step....... :knit:

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2012, 08:30:41 am »
Sorry - the knitting icon was the closest thing I could find to a "so get weaving" icon  ;D ;D :-J

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2012, 08:32:17 am »
 ;D   first step was coffee so I've made a good start! next is to wake the kidlets up.....
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

domsmith

• Joined Aug 2012
  • sanquhar, dumfries and galloway
    • sunnyside farm
« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2012, 08:42:29 am »
Just about to gather the sheep. time to speign and draw anything fat for the market. its sheep sheep and mores sheep from now until tupping!

sad seperating ewes and lambs.......

dominic

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2012, 09:05:39 am »
Catching up on inside jobs today as [shockingly  :-J ] its raining!  :raining:  Although the 'have to do' outside jobs will still 'have to be done'.  Off to do one now  :gloomy: .
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2012, 09:42:36 am »
and a multitude of what I can't remember as I was tipsy online shopping again, oops) at 9.30am

hellsbells plums, thats a bit early.. ;) :thumbsup:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2012, 10:13:28 am »
 ;D  even for me, DITW!  I appear to have ordered a whole tray of Red Bull shots, 20 packs of rice, and some propolis (?) tablets oh and they sent me SOAP in my surprise box, SOAP!!

Oneeyedhen

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2012, 10:25:03 am »
Was going to go for a swim but still a bit under the weather with the "back to school" cold and the sun is shining so think I'll go and re-varnish my hen houses. Really want to get them done before the wet weather arrives  :raining: :roflanim: .
I hope the grey frergie is going well Goosepimple. Thats the best excuse I've ever heard for forgetting about your kids  ;D

Greenmoor

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Lancashire
« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2012, 10:32:10 am »
I'm just trying to survive the kids until bedtime.  Where's that banging your head against a wall emoticon again when you need it???

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #134 on: September 01, 2012, 12:39:26 am »
Been to Lanark, met a load of TASers - some I already knew  :wave: :hug:, some I'd longed to meet  :-* :wave: and some I think I still didn't meet properly!  :wave: (no icon for peering into the distance), picked up  :pig: :pig: and another lovely thing from one (no icon will post pic in due course),  :&> :&> from another, bought  :sheep:  :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: (yes, girls this time! :excited:, 2 CM ewe lambs - just the cutest little things with the softest fleece  :love: and 2 Manx Loaghtan gimmers; lost out on the Icelandics but BH loved them too so we are plotting... :thinking:), home through yet more  :raining: , spent the evening getting everyone settled into their arrival accommodation and starting to get to know us  :love: while keeping an eye on the balloons along the wall - part of the 'cultural olympiad' apparently  ::) : actually, when you got up close they were rather lovely.

Apart from the wetting our newly-cut grass got  :gloomy:, a good day!   :sunshine:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS