Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kune Kune cross Saddleback - size estimate  (Read 13827 times)

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
Re: Kune Kune cross Saddleback - size estimate
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2012, 09:07:25 pm »
Very much the Saddleback in colouring, but a bit of the both in conformation - what are their natures most like?
I'm still surprised that you're the first person on here to get this cross Coopers - maybe you should patent it - hows about Kunebacks?  ;D
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

HappyHippy

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 09:17:28 pm »
I'd maybe try pm'ing Oaklands  ;)
They have Kunekunes and a whole range of breeds - best guess for an estimate or indication of how they'll grow.

Even if they do end up a wee bit smaller, they'll still taste great  :yum:
They're gorgeous though and look as chilled out as the Kunes  ;D

chris3000

• Joined May 2012
  • Wiltshire
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2012, 09:21:06 pm »
They are lovely, very very inquisitive and happy - always smiling - follow me or the children everywhere even without food as an incentive.

Can you really patent a cross breed?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:48:08 am by coopers »
Any advice I give is purely based on my experience .... It may not be from 20 years of farming or a book I have read .... however it has worked for me.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2012, 09:28:21 pm »
I was being a bit  :-J  ... but ... I know it's done with chickens (like Black Rocks) or dogs (like labradoodles).  I think there's something about being able to reproduce the same type with each cross, getting the best bits of the 2 breeds - not sure if it's done with pigs though - you could start a new fashion  ;D
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

robert waddell

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2012, 09:39:31 pm »
yes it is done with pigs that is how the commercial pigs are bred     don't think this cross will be a winner unless it is for roast suckling pig  but you never know a bit of sharp practise with the marketing and all sold :farmer:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2012, 10:06:39 pm »
They are lovely, very very inquisitive and happy - always smiling - follow me or the children everywhere even without old as an incentive.
You could just as easily be describing my OSB x Saddlebacks - such lovely pigs I want to do it again!  No children for them to follow, so they would work alongside the collies - at a certain age, looking very like them!   :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

princesspiggy

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2012, 11:17:40 pm »
unless it is for roast suckling pig

u cant steal my ideas... i was just a bout to make my first million....pmsl   :D :D :D :D :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS