Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: STOLEN PIGS  (Read 8317 times)

holz306

• Joined Jan 2012
STOLEN PIGS
« on: April 27, 2012, 07:33:25 pm »
Northern Constabulary are looking for anyone to come forward with any information regarding the theft of 42 pigs, and 3 tonnes of feed  :o  from a farm Near Evanton, which is on the Dingwall - Invergordon road i believe.  See Northern constabs website for more details

http://www.northern.police.uk/News-and-Media/news-item.htm?item_id=PR4433_2012

robert waddell

Re: STOLEN PIGS
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 08:11:13 pm »
so they will just be keeping them a month then and maybe better looked after than when the right owner was looking after them :farmer:

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 08:22:34 pm »
Maybe they were writing a long list of sayings on the TAS website - have you looked outside recently Robert? ;)
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

robert waddell

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 08:25:36 pm »
our pigs are checked more than twice a day ;) :farmer:

holz306

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 08:33:12 pm »
I get the impression from other articles i've read that the pigs weren't stolen in one go, but a couple taken at a time, as they were taken "through-out march" - i could be wrong though.

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 07:53:32 am »
Yes, i read it also that hte pigs were taken throughout March, the person checking on these pigs will have known if there was any missing, or is it a disgruntaled worker getting there own back on their employer.  ???

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 04:16:43 pm »
I think the owner may be telling porkies here  2 taken at a time?. Sure it would be difficult to go the whole hog and  pinch 42 in one go but 21 visits to the scene of a crime is a bit much - I would have thought the police could have done a steak out and given the thieves the chop. They could have loin in wait for them!
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 04:25:14 pm »
nah its all the paperwork, takes too long to fillet! ;)

HappyHippy

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 04:28:37 pm »
I think the owner may be telling porkies here  2 taken at a time?. Sure it would be difficult to go the whole hog and  pinch 42 in one go but 21 visits to the scene of a crime is a bit much - I would have thought the police could have done a steak out and given the thieves the chop. They could have loin in wait for them!

nah its all the paperwork, takes too long to fillet! ;)
Very good - these made me smile  ;D

But the case of the missing pigs is baffling  :-\ No way anyone would get the chance of more than one theft from me - we'd start sleeping in the shed  ;) :o :D

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2012, 04:58:13 pm »
Sounds like an inside job to me
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2012, 05:04:26 pm »
But the case of the missing pigs is baffling  :-\ No way anyone would get the chance of more than one theft from me - we'd start sleeping in the shed  ;) :o :D
[/quote]

Thats becuase, Happyhippy, you are a tender loining pig keeper
I think the old ham who kept the pigs should shoulder the blame and be put through the mincer, Lets hope that some brawny farmer will bring home the bacon on this one 
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

HappyHippy

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 06:33:33 pm »
Oh don't Mak  :D You'll get me started and I'll be such a boar  ::) ;D ;D ;D

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 07:02:15 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D, don't get yourself in a stew HappyH or you'll be bubble and squeeking all over the place.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

HappyHippy

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 01:05:27 pm »
I'm not encouraging you lot anymore  ::) ;)  :D :D :D
You're all mad  ;D ;D ;D (must come with the territory  ;))
 :pig:  :pig:  :pig:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 07:28:41 pm »
Very fishy, how can you not notice your pigs are missing.  :o

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS