Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: cosikennels  (Read 2998 times)

mattjen

• Joined Jun 2010
  • eastington
cosikennels
« on: May 04, 2012, 11:35:22 pm »
hi all,could anyone tell me what cosikennels are like please and how big they are please?many thanks matt and jenn :pig:

Tamsaddle

• Joined May 2011
  • Hampshire, near Portsmouth
Re: cosikennels
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 11:10:25 am »
As no one else has replied, could you explain what a "cosikennel" is.   I have never heard of it before - Tamsaddle

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 11:36:52 am »
Only one that i could find looks like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cosi-Kennel-Novelty-Pet-Bed/dp/B0006H4PGM

Not sure that's what you were talking about !

www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

mattjen

• Joined Jun 2010
  • eastington
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 12:34:58 pm »
Hi all, to be fair i was hoping someone could tell me?i have found some for sale but without a pic but the chap is meant to be sending me some pics,i looked up the website for them but the company who made them went boobs up 4 or 5 years ago???????so as soon as i have some pics i will post them on here to show everyone, so watch this space?? ;D :pig:

Rhodie

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 05:54:43 pm »
I have used both the Challow weaner huts and the cosi kennels on commercial farms, the Challow huts are easier to move, as they are towed, and the cosi kennels need to be lifted with a telehandler when moving to a clean site. The number of weaners depends on which size kennel you have, we used to wean 45 in each, then reduce to 30 after 3 weeks (make up another kennel of 30 from reducing two 45's) then raise to 35kg stores.
With the smaller herd of rare breeds, I farrow 2 sows in an acre paddock, put in a larger hut at 10 days, once the two litters move in, I remove the farrowing huts, then the double litters remain in the communal hut, the sows are removed at weaning and the litters remain untill finishing or sold, you could use the large hut to farrow into and eliminate one step in the process, and not need the extra farrowing huts.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS