Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Quessant Miniature Lambs  (Read 46626 times)

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Spered Breizh Ouessants
    • Facebook
Re: Quessant Miniature Lambs
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2008, 10:07:34 am »
nnnnnrgrrrrgggg I am happy for you  ;D ;D ;D still nothing!! shes oozing mucous has a vulva as large as ( something large!) and still sits there inscrutably studying me refusing to give birth I keep saying today but so far still nothing!! ::) ::)
Ravelry Group: - Ouessants & Company

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2008, 12:58:33 pm »
Shes waiting for you to go away or go shopping etc ;D ;D I used to have a ewe that would stand on her head rather than be watched!!! ::)
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2008, 03:31:37 pm »
I try to only look in on five hourly intervals there have been times when I'm sure shes about to start and have checked more to be honest I would happily put her back up in the field and let her get on with it if the weather wasn't so foul and i don't have a nagging doubt re oversized lamb at this rate shell be giving birth to a hoggett!

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2008, 04:11:25 pm »
Relax....lamb will arrive when cooked!!!....they tend to be smaller for some odd reason if a bit late not bigger ???
She will surprise you and pop it out when you are having a cuppa!!

I'm packing sheepskin rugs from last years lambs for an order......fighting with 15 skins to get them packed is worse than wrestling with a live one ;D ;D
www.valgrainger.co.uk

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2008, 04:23:35 pm »
deep breathing exercises, whale music, mood lights for me not the ewe! :D I was going to ask re skins I was going to use organissheepskins but their website is down? anyone know whats heppened to them?  hope you get those skins packed! I'll settle for just one  :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 04:25:22 pm by kanisha »

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2008, 10:02:16 am »
If anyone is looking for ouessants, have just noticed an ad on anglo brittany they are selling a flock of them.

Any news yet Kanisha?

Carole

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2008, 01:22:21 pm »
Not at all sure about organic sheepskin people!! Cannot get their site either!! I use Fenland at Bridgwater.....June and Andrew Tinnion are fantastic! Their tanning is non chrome and very good, they are fairly  if not very environmentally friendly in their tanning as I know the bloke who works for the EA for their area and he confirms their water discharges are very very good!..........tanning seems to use one heck of a lot of water :o..........any news on them lambs yet?
www.valgrainger.co.uk

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2008, 08:38:45 pm »
No news and to me shes gone off the boil do they have false alarms shes been oozing mucous since last friday now stopped; still ever hopeful!  :-\

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2008, 09:14:58 am »
Number three Ouessant has arrived just before l left for UK yesterday!  Two boy and a girls now and finished thank goodness - my nerves couldn't take any more!

I am sat in the bedroom of my daughters in Fareham Hampshire enjoying the cenral heating and my little grandson Charlie sat on my bed - it is lovely!

Have a good one all of you!

Kate  :bfly: :bee: :) :pig: :pig:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2008, 12:20:22 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2008, 09:59:46 pm »
Great news Kate, what colours are they?

Ohhh for central heating its freezing tonight in Brittany

Carole

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2008, 09:21:28 am »
Hi Carole have you finished lambing yet? I would love to know the final outcome of your lambs colours etc.

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2008, 10:54:17 am »
Hi Kanisha

Still waiting for 1 more. She was the last to lamb last year as well. So far have 5 little black ones. Now waiting for white ewe.interesting that 4 of the lambs share the same father who is white and all mums are black.
Blossom ( my only white ewe) kept us waiting last year, had a beautiful white ram baby and the father that time was black.

Carole

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2008, 10:16:43 pm »
My three are all black as well, but will be swapping rams for next year and by coincedence, my new ram for the new season is the white ram that Carole bred last year.  Baaaart is very handsome, so it will be interesting to see if we get any other colours. I had no idea that he was part of the small flock that I had recently bought, so a lovely surprise for Carole and of course I am well chuffed!

Kate   :sheep:
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

kanisha

• Joined Dec 2007
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2008, 08:14:26 am »
Hi Carole of the black ewes are they all related ie from the same flock? still waiting for all of mine ::) bar mmy little black ram  :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS