Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Animal Cruelty  (Read 9996 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: Animal Cruelty
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 07:06:49 pm »
Talk about turning your stomach!!! This is disgusting...

Dead dog found tied to wire fence 

The dog was found with only soil and wood in its stomach
A dog was tied to a barbed wire fence in Angus and left to starve to death for up to two weeks, animal welfare officers have revealed.

The dead female mastiff cross was discovered on the Kinnaird Park Estate on the outskirts of Brechin on Friday.

An examination of the animal's stomach contents found only grains of soil and fragments of wood as she tried to eat anything within her limited reach.

Scottish SPCA staff described it as one of the worst cases of animal cruelty.

chickens

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 07:23:58 pm »
OMG that is disgusting, the poor dog, it is sickening - sad that no-one noticed it before.  I hope sincerely that the saying what goes around comes around happens to the person that left that dog.

sandy

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 08:57:45 pm »
I think we all would tie the owner to a barbed wire fence if we could..how discusting, hope they find the owner!!! :farmer:

sandy

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2009, 09:00:34 pm »
Just remembered a story about a Farmer who's sheep dog barked every time the phone rang, the SSPCA looked around and found that the dog's wire lead line was looped around the telephone cable, so every time the phone went it got an electric shock, so soon sorted :dog:

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 06:08:38 pm »
so every time the phone went it got an electric shock, so soon sorted :dog:

oops

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 09:10:18 am »
I read in this mornings "Courier" newspaper that the public have ben so sickened by this attack that money has flooded in. There is now a £3000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the monster responsible. What credit crunch, good old decency?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 09:35:52 am by jameslindsay »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS