Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello from norfolk on the coast  (Read 6413 times)

wendy

• Joined Oct 2011
Re: Hello from norfolk on the coast
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 10:28:38 pm »
 :wave: thanks again for the hello's..... nice site this :thumbsup:
Anyone from Wales?

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 01:15:16 am »
:wave: Ok thank you for all the replies and for the information on the areas of scotland :thumbsup: It really has helped in my next big step as to where I want to live
 ....I love wales as well so anyone from wales who could give an honest answer  to the area
of llandovey? llanddeilo to live in would be most welcome... i know it rains a lot there too... but milder winters....?

Hi Wendy ,
 I live near Llandielo and have been here for 6  1/2 years .( SA183BZ )
 I used to reside at Guyhirn  ( PE134BJ  0 near Wisbech on a small holding sort of set up , because of disabilities I have retired totally ,but perhaps this might be of some use to you.

Re:-
The weather , what I have noticed and undestood is that because of Wales being with water on three sides so to speak and the tiny hills the locals call mountains , the weather over the whole year can vary from  village to village on a daily basis .

The wind direction has a big bearing on the weather , so does being on the sunny side of a hill so you get  as much sunshine as is available.
We spent several months  trying to find the such a place within our finances .
 Where we are is reasonably high up on the Amman valley rim at 120 mtrs , often when the valley is cloaked in mist for much of the day we get sun .

Being  on Amman valley protected side /rim of the hills sees weather  pushed up,  the rain usually drops down much heavier  a mile or so away . But five miles away at Llandielo when we get summer rain here  it is often sunny and warn .
 Keep an eye on the national BBC weather forecast patterns and you'll soon start to see a couple of major patterns /lines of similar weathers

We used the on line Multi Map to look at the real cartography of contour lines , shapes /heights of things coupled with average & prevalent winds directions through out the year .
We also use the internet to try and find out annual rain fall patterns.
We aslo use some of the various birds eye views of places from the likes of google (  now google earth ) we had located as for sale so we could see what else was in the ara and learnt to avoid all sorts of things that would not be good for us or our new way of life..

Some friends of ours didn't do any such thing and have regretted it time and time again for they rarely get any sunshine on their 12 acre place as it is on the north side of a large hill that has tall conifer wood land either side of their  homestead.
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

zwartbles

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 06:39:38 pm »
Hi Wendy  :wave:

We are new on the site as well. We live at the other end of Norfolk, near Diss, just north of the Suffolk border.
We have only been here for 18 months and so far have enjoyed it all. Very dry at the moment, but we do notice the winds!! 17 sheep, 2 cats and 5 dogs, so keeping busy.
Good luck to you   ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS