Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: grrrr (again.... think i'm becoming paranoid)  (Read 3897 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: grrrr (again.... think i'm becoming paranoid)
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2011, 07:36:02 pm »
How awful  :( Accidents happen but terrible to think it was deliberate.

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 09:26:40 pm »
Sounds like a scrote  casing the places and then stealing to order and moving the goods on quick so as not to get caught with them.
 Small padlocks and working battery shed alarms are the order of the day

Those warning signs about dogs , mines etc etc... could land you in immense trouble yourselves . 

In this protet the perpetrator at all costs mad society of do-gooders .....If you have a sign that indicates you have an animal or some thing that could harm someone and it does you will get shafted well and truly for the weaselworders have made it in effect mean i know I have a dangerous animal and I don't care if you can't read or are ESN .

Same with setting traps that may injure or kill ... you're on a loser big time and could end up doing several years as a guest of Her maJ.
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2011, 08:27:23 am »
I have, somewhere! details of a padlock with a built in alarm that, if touched when activated sets off a shrill alarm. This would, at least, set the dogs barking and, hopefully make any intruder scarper.
I will search through the piles of papers, debris etc. that is my office/filing cabinet a.k.a. the dining table and see if I can find it.
You could, without leaving yourself open to prosecution, put up signs saying e.g. "Please ensure gate is secured, my dogs are free-ranging"
Good luck to you and bad luck to whoever is responsible!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 09:09:34 am »
You could, without leaving yourself open to prosecution, put up signs saying e.g. "Please ensure gate is secured, my dogs are free-ranging"
That's what I did as soon as I moved her - because it's true and i don't want them out on the road!  Some of our posties used to throw the letters in over the fence till I explained just how dangerous my dogs really are  - they might lick him to death!  ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 09:37:32 am »
We got a good gate sign free from the NFU its says something along the lines of " You dog can upset or scare livestock, please keep it on a lead at all times, if animals approach you let go of the lead and move away from your dog to a safe distance." anyway it seems to have done the trick we haven't had any trouble with walkers et al this summer, they've given the heifers & Angus a very wide berth and kept their dogs under control. We now have 20 pregnant ewes(due to lamb at Xmas) joined the heifers (Angus had gone back to farm) and they're all roaming across the acres betwen ours and our neighbours with very little interference.
Mandy  :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS