Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Plastic shopping bags  (Read 12876 times)

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: Plastic shopping bags
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 06:36:59 pm »
I like frightening my chickens when they come into the garage as when they lift off they make a clean, swept, blown dry bit on the floor ;)

Chicken 'crop circles' in dust

Baz

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 07:01:59 pm »
its just habit NFD !! My son completed his sustainable environmental management degree last year.  Reduce, ReUse, ReCycle is our moto!!

old trashed horse rugs get used for protecting woodpiles, old buckets get taped and used for gardening untill there is more tape than bucket, old saddle pads get used as dogbed padding. old duvets the same...once they are sewn into smaller sections. the cat gets used as dusters. ...the dogs as floor mops.....see its easy!!  ;D ;D

One of my friends NEVER uses carrier bags. she has several large plastic boxes (the storage type) and she goes to the supermarket with them in the boot of her car. She feels that they protect delicate food too. and makes it easier to bring the shopping in.
Emma T

Emma you owe me a new keyboard and a set of clearners for my 19 inch flat screen. monitor for that little gem

I'd love to use nextd oors mutt as a floor cleaner  , for I know exactly where to shove the broom's tail , trouble is it is a short haired yapping staffie so not much good for floor cleaning  ;)
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 01:11:05 am »
Has anyone got a budgie that I can use to wipe these laughter tears away? or would a cavy be better? LOL (where's the smiley for LOL?)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 01:17:50 am »
LOL (where's the smiley for LOL?)
That would be  ;D ;D ;D ?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 11:38:12 am »
Has anyone got a budgie that I can use to wipe these laughter tears away? or would a cavy be better? LOL (where's the smiley for LOL?)
Yep got some baby ones   no feathers yet though ::) also got plenty of cavies could reuse them as slippers mount the heads on the front, might squeak a bit when i walked though :-[ :o  only kidding  honest!!

ty capel flock

• Joined Sep 2011
  • North Wales
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 03:28:25 pm »
I was in the toy shop picking up a present today for a friend. 

On the counter they have now placed a Sooty money box which customers are asked to put the 5ps in.  However, Conwy council has written to all the shopkeepers informing them that they have to deduct VAT from the 5p because it is a sale.

I ask you?  How ridiculous is that!!!!

I told her to ignore it because the 5p is a donation to charity which does not attract VAT. 

Another example of bureaucracy gone mad..... >:(

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2011, 08:16:55 pm »
Plantoid.....sorry i dont have any in stock ..

...but could i interest you in the lid of a cardborad box, with little squares drawn on....i could even throw in some scrabble letters!! Oh and as a special offer I do have some old knickers for screen cleaning, guarenteed not to scratch or smear !!!   ::) ::) ::) :o :o :o
Emma T  (still trying to reuse and recycle)
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2011, 09:26:46 am »
Did anyone watch the One Show last night, lovely dress made out of carrier bags, never realised they had so many uses!!
mandy  :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS