Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Breeders in Devon  (Read 3047 times)

Bioman

Breeders in Devon
« on: September 13, 2011, 09:41:05 pm »
Hi,

Does anyone know any breeders of rare breed pigs in Devon that they will recommend, I already have a GOS breeder's contacts (thanks ellisr!) but I am interested in other breeds aswell. I had a bad experience earlier this year with a breeder that was not recommended to me so would like a bit of confidence!

Thank you,

:pig:

Hillhead

• Joined Jan 2011
Re: Breeders in Devon
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 11:21:52 pm »
Hi

Have you contacted Kim Brook at Lewdown.  She breeds Oxford Sandy & Black pigs.  She has a web site  www.kbrook.co.uk   she may well be able to help. :pig:

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 10:21:58 am »
My neighbour has some lovely Tamworths.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 10:24:35 am »
Oh! and there is a very nice girl who breeds Berkshires in mi-Devon.

nelson

• Joined Jan 2011
    • lelogisfrance
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 12:01:55 pm »
Hi Bioman  :wave:

Not sure if  I did email you with the breeders that I purchased my Berkshires from -Dittisham Farm and Smallicombe Farm.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 09:24:02 am »
Google the various breed websites, most have members lists and you can take your pick from there, they will be mainly pedigree stock.
HTH
Mandy  :pig:

Bioman

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 09:24:45 pm »
Thanks I've had some from one of the breeders mentioned above (I'm not gonna name any names but needless to say they were very ill from the off- not good so wont be getting their pigs again)

Thanks for the info on the other breeders- the reason Mandy why I'm trying to get recommendations is because last time I did what you said to do and it led to one wacking great big vet bill and no return as one was put down and the other poor pig dropped dead. :(

I've had pigs sucessfully before (OSB's) but want to try something else.

Sylvia if you could PM me with their names I'd be interested.

Nelson Thanks for the email. I did get it!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS