Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: economy and riots  (Read 30919 times)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: economy and riots
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 12:22:24 pm »
You want to talk about why rioting is breaking out?  As far as I can see (and this is purely my opinion) it has nothing to do with economy on the face of it, but if you look at the root cause economy and class are inflaming an old wound.  You can't possibly tell me that a high percentage of those rioters give a damn who was shot, its purely an opportunity to fight back at society with the only thing they know - violence.

Yes, I think so too, or maybe even just a chance to show how fed up they are with their lives. But they seem not to do anything constructive to improve them?

Why have kids lost the ability to amuse themselves relatively harmlessly? That somehow seems connected to me with the lack of being prepared to work later in life, but i don't know why it's happened?

smallholder in the city

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Lincolnshire
    • HootersHall
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 12:38:20 pm »
Being in London's east end right now it would appear the need for a flat screen TV / new pair of trainers has motivated many rioters and the surplus is being sold off at £20 a go out the back of a lorry. Seriously though several people in my team can't come into work because it's not safe to leave their homes. Even when at home people had their homes broken in to last night and now they're afraid to leave to go to work.

It would appear all available Police are being called in for robust response over the next 24 hours and we've been told no Police will be available for mental health act assesments until further notice.         

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 12:41:49 pm »
We seem unprepared to deal with such poor behaviour. The human rights of the poor folk who are having their businesses and houses burned seem to being ignored.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 12:49:58 pm »
The rats and thugs who were fed with violent video games and action movies during their childhood are coming out of their holes. Messed up minds with testosterone out of control. I must ask some of you how you can compare legitimate protests (like on university fees) with this??? These stupid and criminal bastards make peaceful protests impossible from now on as police and government will understandibly be on full alert - no matter the cause for protests or civil disobedience, be it the environment or social issues. All will be seen as the same - unrest.  :&>

yankieGirl

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Pennsylvania, USA
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 12:55:52 pm »
Even when at home people had their homes broken in to last night and now they're afraid to leave to go to work.

Let me guess...homeowners are not allowed to have a weapon.  So sad.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 12:59:51 pm »
if you kill an intruder here you go to prison at least for manslaughter. Even if you hurt them they can sue you :&>

yankieGirl

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Pennsylvania, USA
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 01:07:21 pm »
if you kill an intruder here you go to prison at least for manslaughter. Even if you hurt them they can sue you :&>

Oh.  WOW!  ...thanks for the info.  Maybe I should stay out of this discussion since I am unaware of your laws.  I will look even more silly than usual making comments on issues I know little about.

Wait....when did that ever stop me in the past?

robert waddell

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 01:08:47 pm »
yes and if they break in to your house and they get savaged by your dog you are done for keeping a dangerous animal and the dog destroyed
o and they do not get charged with breaking in   f*****g mental at least in America you have the right to defend yourself and your property
still does not stop the criminals from persuing there profession in America  :'(

yankieGirl

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Pennsylvania, USA
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 01:13:02 pm »
still does not stop the criminals from persuing there profession in America 

Agreed.  Evil is always with us.  However, in the states that don't have rediculous gun control laws, The evil doer has to ask himself, "Do I feel lucky?"

smallholder in the city

• Joined Jul 2010
  • Lincolnshire
    • HootersHall
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 01:37:59 pm »
Just been told Police advsiing various GP surgeries and businesses in east End to shut early today and we're all being advised to get back early from home visits and leave work early if travelling through identified hotspots on the way home then basically stay off the streets tonight. Even more glad we've moved to Lincolnshire now so long as I can still get a train home tonight !

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2011, 01:45:41 pm »
extreme. you failed to notice that there have been two invasions of a house and a shop. both robbers were stabbed to death the home owner is off the hook the shop keeper will get off in the end. shooting people for theft would still get you done for murder. and yankie girl not everyone thinks your gun control is a sane method your killing more home owners than thieves. again we got rid of our need to carry weapons in the late 18th century shame your country men are still waiting for us to invaid again.

yankieGirl

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Pennsylvania, USA
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2011, 01:56:05 pm »
both robbers were stabbed to death the home owner is off the hook the shop keeper will get off in the end. shooting people for theft would still get you done for murder.

Hurray for the good guys!!!  You're now allowed to take a KNIFE to a GUN fight!!!  Much more civilized!  Such progress.

robert waddell

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2011, 02:07:20 pm »
well for what it is worth i think this has the makings of a good thread           and your dry sense of humour or tongue in cheek views has made me laugh more than once              would these miscreants be rioting if it was -30 and three feet of snow     maybe to many es in there smarties or skittles           there is footage of one stunned youngster being assisted and robbed of his spoils/belongings     classic :farmer:

yankieGirl

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Pennsylvania, USA
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2011, 02:22:00 pm »
Ok this is my last post on this thread.  I'm making funnies at your expense on a topic that is very up close and personal for some of you.  Sorry.  I'm 45 and I still need my dad to ping my ear and say, "Ok, that's enough!"  Only now my hubby does this and he's at work.

I do watch the riots with interest and not just a bit of apprehension.  As your culture goes, so goes ours in time.

Stay safe!!!!!!!!!!

PS. 
maybe to many es

I know smarties and skittles but what is "es"?

Thanks for the discussion.

robert waddell

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2011, 03:41:50 pm »
es are the e numbers that are in food and sweets          they make children go hyper the same as food colouring :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS