Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: economy and riots  (Read 30922 times)

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: economy and riots
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2011, 08:55:12 am »
Good!
I noticed in our local paper that the Police had said quite clearly that the local 'yoof' needn't think about joining in!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2011, 03:18:13 pm »
I saw a link from FB to a photo of a looter, baseball cap, hood up, leaving a shop with a HUGE box. He must have been so happy. Except the name on the side was Tena.

For those who aren't of that age, Tena make incontinence products. I hope he p*ssed himself laughing when he opened the box.

Sandy

« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2011, 04:37:08 pm »
I smiled at the photo of poundland in Leicester and the shop window was full of large plastice boxes, I can just imajine people stuggling to carry them and they are less than £5 to buy!!!!!!

Still would put a bet that some big crook was stirred up and like a stone in a pool the minuals working for them passed on the message to riot and were qucikly joined by some fun and excitment needing young people and those who were just after some free stuff, the crooks would have backed away at the start and let the rest take over. I have always been amazed how quick nice, cared for children can turn to wild creatures with no head for anything or anyone, so those with poor backgrounds and bad upbringing will change at the drop of a hat when they can actualy achieve something and maybe bring home something that thier parents and peers will be pleased with.

PS. for all those who have never worked with young teenagers, try leaving a group alone for a while, maybe add some cheap booze and a bit of excitment and see what you get!!!!!

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2011, 05:17:04 pm »
A boy has been arrested for breaking into a music shop and stealing a medieval stringed instrument, turns out he was just another Luter..
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 05:29:07 pm by tizaala »

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2011, 06:03:57 pm »
A boy has been arrested for breaking into a music shop and stealing a medieval stringed instrument, turns out he was just another Luter..

Brilliant  ;D

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #125 on: August 14, 2011, 08:24:35 am »
http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Chav

OK people the above link will take you to a site designed to educate you to a point where you will gain a deeper understanding of the root cause of the social unrest. Enjoy.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2011, 04:15:03 pm »

Hatty

• Joined Feb 2011
How long did you say it would take me to dig this 5 acres with my spade?

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2011, 09:21:04 pm »
So what does everyone think about todays "front page" as I glanced at it?

Guys jailed for 4 years for inciting riots on facebook?!  I mean I am in no way 'with' them - but being jailed for creating a facebook group!?

Surely the only reason the groups were brought to the attention of the police was the fact that 'social' networking is exactly that - it polices itself due to the 'majority factor' when putting such opinions online?

My major frightener from all of this is that the cases going through now could be used in the future for any kind of arrest around protest groups.

Although I am dead against anything that hinders another person - jailing someone for their opinion? even if their opinion does incite moral injustice (totally subjective even in the correct political channels!)

Baz

HappyHippy

« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2011, 09:55:38 pm »
I see where you're coming from and I would hate to think I would ever be arrested for voicing my opinion  :-\ but, if these guys were actually organising riots, times, places, what they were going to do etc (whether on-line, on the phone or in person) then I think they should be locked up.
If it was a page for people to express an opinion then no, of course they shouldn't be jailed for that. But you know what the papers are like, they only print what suits them  ::)

robert waddell

« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2011, 09:59:50 pm »
bazzais   where are you comming from    your previous posts (crying for the breakup of your country) now when the courts are dealing out sentences you are moaning       has your head been up your arse all through these riots             the protest that was for the death of a drug dealer transgressed into a free for all not by impoverished youths who cant get a job but the crucks of the future society social workers sports people etc       with the demise of anybody in the drug chain       that demise creates a vacuum     the opportunity for others to get on the gravy train               van loads of stolen gear the forkers could not get enough of it  killing each other in the free for all that ensued   and you are supporting them  >:(

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2011, 10:35:29 pm »
I have not done enough research as to exactly why they were arrested - just commenting on the headlines I saw.

As I say, I dont condone it - perhaps I have got the wrong end of the stick and these guys were actually heads of a gang under their command -perhaps they were so clever at inciting violence that they actually forgot that facebook was a socail network and the rest of the world can actually see it ;) - who knows.

Is 'making examples' enough?

The news last week had some bird escaping with what looked like a packet of crisps and another with some socks and a bottle of soda?  Who smashed the window? Who started the ruck? Who made the real money?

Protest and talk is one thing - being havok is another. 

Lets face it - we even have legit parties in this country that stand for worse than creating a facebook page!?

Baz

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS