Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Who Has Snow?  (Read 20047 times)

nick-in-ca

• Joined Jan 2009
Re: Who Has Snow?
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2009, 03:01:27 am »
if  you like snow take a look at the pictures i put up on [More snow share ]post       I have to live with it from dec. to mid march
To day wile driving to town  some fellow thought the road belonged to him as he past me i had to move over to the side of the road but i moved to far over and  you can guess what happen  2 wheels in the ditch we have so much snow that  the snow plow has to  push the snow to far  over the bank and is hard to judge where the ditch is
Got out in about 1/2 hour a good  neighbor  got his tractor and pulled me out  no damage

xxmillyxx

• Joined Jan 2009
  • East Yorkshire
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2009, 11:54:37 am »
Morning All

Another sunny & snow free day here in Bridlington on East Coast.

We havent had any snow for the last 4 days !?!  a bit wet on the ground thats all.  Feeling so sorry for all you with loads of snow but soooooo happy I aint got none  ;)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2009, 05:02:32 pm »
A shower this morning of wet snow then the sun came out. It's cold but nice.

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2009, 06:02:40 pm »
We have lots!!!

Bloomin awful to do animals but very pretty!
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2009, 06:32:53 pm »
We didn't get any new snow, but it was very, very cold. How do your animals bear up? Our ducks seem to be struggling. I know that penguins' feet don't freeze, but duck feet maybe do...

greenfingers

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Grange by Keith, Banffshire
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2009, 06:42:35 pm »
We have had about 4 inches again overnight, a total of around 12-15 inches now.  We have dug ourselves out every morning now and make a path so we can get to the chickens.  We are very exposed where we are and with the wind the snow tends to drift also.  It was about 3ft down our track where it had drifted.
I am having trouble keeping warm today.  I have not done much all day,  just made another batch of marmalade, this time with Vodka, my other batch was with Isla Whisky, don't eat croissants and drive in a morning.
Just sorting out paper work now in the office as I have just closed down my soap company as sales have been non existent for 4-5 months now.  Credit crunch I assume.
Keep warm and I hope we don't get too much of it, but I agree with you all that it does look very nice, but i am dreading the thaw where will all the water go??????????????
Elaine

Always look on the bright side of life, de dum, de dum de dum, de dum!!

sandy

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2009, 08:27:29 pm »
Nice day today although a bit cold, I was thankful the chikcens  had some sun today, since I bought them last year t has been dull and wet.....I gave them a large helping of pellets and mixed corn pluss cooked rice, pasta, made them  jam sandwiches, grapes, tomatoes etc and gave them some sardines in oil today as I thought it has been cold I will build up some reserves, I realy hope to get some more but need another shed!!! Anyway, glad to see the sun...

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2009, 12:28:56 pm »
MORE snow this morning....probably had about 10" all told.   Built snowman, snowballs, played with the dogs  :dog: etc etc......but bored with it now......SNOW GO  >:( >:( >:( >:(       Endless barrowing of haylage :farmer: to horses :horse:, sheep :sheep:, goats  :goat: and pigs :pig: (thank goodness we made loads!).   Poultry :chook: :&> pretty fed up with it - although are venturing out a little.    Snowy pics on "Photos" page on website www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Forecast on Countryfile warning of blizzards and heavy snowfall Monday eve  :( ::)   Oh well, at least killing off lots of those bugs that needed freezing out.

;D

Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Rumpleteazer

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2009, 01:04:17 pm »
We didn't get any new snow, but it was very, very cold. How do your animals bear up? Our ducks seem to be struggling. I know that penguins' feet don't freeze, but duck feet maybe do...

Our goats were shivering a bit this morning!

HappyHippy

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2009, 04:21:53 pm »
Finally, after what seems like weeks of waiting - it's snowing here !
My dances to the snow gods must've finally worked lol!  ::)
Just waiting til it stops to go out & play with the kids, it might be dark by then though!
I'll attempt to put photos up when I get them
Karen  ;D

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2009, 09:35:16 am »
Lots of it this morning! I woke up to the lovely stillness of white - all travel plans cancelled for today!
:&>

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2009, 10:00:10 am »
It's snowing here - not VERY heavy but persistant and lying. Off work today so off to walk the dogs before it's too bad!

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2009, 10:33:18 am »
awwww- right now i cant thinkof anything that would make me happier than walking on  some wonderful hills around pitlochry - didit last new years eve and then down to a local pub that brews its own.Then a heart casserole later on. Wish i was in scotland right now

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2009, 03:13:58 pm »
Snow all gone - replaced by damp, grey drizzle.

lordlonk

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2009, 03:19:33 pm »
Its back -we have more - wasnt expecting this -  not laying  - it did for a while - so exciting  hehehe- Lincolnshire-we never get snow as we have so many power stations polluting the sky and keeping it too warm as a rule.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS