Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Signs of collie bitch being in pup  (Read 27754 times)

Collie26

• Joined May 2011
Re: Signs of collie bitch being in pup
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2011, 05:51:20 pm »
Yes shes due on the 10th June so not long.

Thats what weve been doing keeping a close eye on her.

So just to clarify if shes not showing much she could come up to 6 days early!!?!??

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2011, 06:45:26 pm »
She could whelp early whether she's showing or not but the majoity of bitches are on time.  Mine have all started a day before tehir due date however.  Just coincidence I think.  Don't let her go more than one day over though without checking with your vet.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Collie26

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2011, 10:17:38 pm »
Thanks for that

Its one week to go!!!!!

Shes a little off her food but it may be the weather and the sausages she stole off the BBQ! :D

everything ready hopefully it'll go smoothly, her teats are really large and she becomes quite restless when hot which is not like her. Shes not wanting to go far when around the smallholding just around the house so we leave it at that and a little walk early in the morning or late at night when it isnt too hot.

Keep you posted

Sandy

« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2011, 10:30:23 pm »
OUr Lab goes off her food durring the late stage, I usualy buy chickens and boil the carcus and rough bits, then take out all the bones, make it into a liquid and soak her puppy food in it and that usualy temps her, although this time she was much worse, I ended up wrapping her puppy food in cheap sliced chicken and hand feed her. Shes back to herself now but it took some time due to her faddy eating......I bought cheap plain fish to boil and some cheap chickens just in case. Not sure if anyone said this yet, but don't pull any pups out, let them come out with the contractions, you can help if she struggles by pushing gently onto her bottom, only gently!!! We are all on tender hooks so keep us posted, she will probaly have them when you are all asleep with no problems at all!!!

Collie26

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2011, 10:33:59 pm »
She normally gets whats left off the table and we mix it together with her food and she eats it.

I think there'll be a camp bed in the kitchen all night from thursday! :D

so just let the pups come naturally, got it!

Will try to keep posted during whelp or afterwards on my phone!

Sandy

« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2011, 10:50:21 pm »
Thats just what I do, I put the camp bed in when she has the pups as she is liable to sit on them otherwise, I doubt a collie would sit on them as they are lighter footed...plenty of time yet!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS