Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Farmers life for me!  (Read 29904 times)

Sandy

Re: Farmers life for me!
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2011, 12:10:40 pm »
I enjoy the progamme and can see why they do the cookery but it all seems a bit false to me, do they realy do it in the time they have? I cannot imajine someone knowcking at the door saying you have a day to do some of the tasks  ;)   

Not sure why I never remember the names but I like all those who are left but did not like the man that went, he would annoy me with his self self self approach, I think he is a bit arrogant and feel sorry for his women as she< I recon, is only doing the farmer bit to please him and he's was on ly doing it to copy the current trend and be something like the next Hue F W (not spelling that without a google search)
 I agree with this  quote
Barbie's "Ken" was a bit of a tit and it's high time he got the boot
, I felt for Jane, bless her, she should have h ad some more back up from her hubby!!!!!! Roll on next week!!

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2011, 01:23:10 pm »
Heidi the Petulant with the face and attitude of a thwarted spoilt 3 yo plus her arrogant aggressive minder really did have to go - no place for them in the countryside.  Of the remaining 3, I want both the older couple and the Geordies to win  :D
I am hoping that they have been working away behind the scenes feeding their livestock and tending their crops.......?
Being a cynic, I wonder how much we are all being led by the editors, showing us the bits they want us to see and not those they don't, so we are all behind Jimmy's decisions?
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Hatty

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2011, 02:07:48 pm »
Heidi the Petulant with the face and attitude of a thwarted spoilt 3 yo

I like that a lot!!!  my BH said she looks like she's been sucking a wasp I'm really glad they have gone, she was so annoying on every level
How long did you say it would take me to dig this 5 acres with my spade?

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2011, 03:00:07 pm »
grumpy Barbie , my girls called her  ;D

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2011, 05:23:45 pm »
Heidi the Petulant with the face and attitude of a thwarted spoilt 3 yo

I like that a lot!!!  my BH said she looks like she's been sucking a wasp I'm really glad they have gone, she was so annoying on every level

BRILLIANT descriptions  ;D ;D He really got on my wick and she was just such a drip, very very glad they have gone

katie

• Joined Feb 2008
  • worcs
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2011, 05:54:48 pm »
She did have a perpetual pout on her and he was horrible. Glad they're gone.

I loved the bit when Geordie Jane had to put on a 'proper' English accent so that the person on the phone could understand her name!

ambriel

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Kinlochbervie, NW Sutherland, Scotland
  • Mad, bad, and dangerous to know!
    • Harbour Cottage
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2011, 06:48:27 pm »
Yes I had to laugh at poor Jane, too.

The couple that went, were they the ones in the first episode that did nothing on their plot of land and reckoned they were going to rent strips of land as allotments to people?

katie

• Joined Feb 2008
  • worcs
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2011, 08:48:33 pm »
No, they went early on. Useless!

I can't imagine what they advertised for when looking for participants. Something like ' Must want to farm but have no experience of livestock, growing, fencing or common sense' was probably about it.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2011, 08:51:29 pm »
doganjo - from somewhere in the depths of my brain I have a snippet you might be able to answer for me?  :)
Is it true that if ice cream melts and you refreeze it, it (somehow) gets arsenic in it? Or something like that. Typing it out makes it sound silly, but i got it from somewhere.

I spent the programme muttering that she needed to stir her ice cream :)
Sorry never heard of that one!  Pretty glad to as I quite like it crunchy ;)  Providing it's from my own freezer not someone else's of course! ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2011, 10:31:36 pm »
I've never heard about arsenic but definitely know you shouldn't refreeze ice cream.  It can make you very ill
sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2011, 11:25:50 pm »
Only because it has so much milk in it and bacteria can get into it once it has become unfrozen.  There is a point where it is safe to eat - mushed up in your plate for  instance - a yummy kigger, but it should not then be refrozen.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2011, 10:51:38 am »
Weren't the ones that left the ones that were going to have a goat farm and spent a lot of the mutton marketing campaign making a big goat farm logo plastered at the top that made the sheep product rather irrelevant?  I can't remember what they planned to make out of the goats, but I think the wife was talking posh salad leaves to serve with whatever it was ???

I'm losing track of the original proposals too - wish they'd review that :(

I think the Geordie couple are hilarious but they seemed to mess up on all the livestock tasks as I recall, from the initial stock fencing (can't remember what their plan was ??? ) to handling challenges..

Was the allotment selling plan from the couple that went last week for the duck in a cage or am I as confused as I feel? :)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2011, 11:46:47 am »
Sit down and have a nice cup of tea ellied  ;D ;D
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2011, 03:41:18 pm »
Sorry, icy water on the brain and pretty much everywhere else today ::) 

I have retired indoors with the suggested cuppa but still can't remember who said they would do what ::)  Ah well, I'm sure someone will remind me one day, hopefully Jamie will get back to it by the end of the series ;)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Sandy

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2011, 06:55:36 pm »
I wonder if any one on here knows people on the programme, as much as I did not like Heidi and her man??? (I too do not remember his name) she was sweet, I really think she and hubby only did it for a TV oppertunity, bless her!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS