Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What are you doing this month? January  (Read 15480 times)

katie

• Joined Feb 2008
  • worcs
Re: What are you doing this month? January
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2011, 09:33:52 am »
Mine loved brambles at this time of year.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2011, 11:56:02 am »
ours do too  :)  we took them on their leads to the orchard the other day and they found the hugest pile of brambles stood there for a while munching. hubby was squirming and saying " how DO you do that?! doesn't hurt your mouths?!" not surprisingly they didn't answer.  too busy eating.  :goat:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

princesspiggy

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2011, 01:37:15 pm »
leylandi is poisonous i presume?

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2011, 03:26:24 pm »
Yes. With the exception of ivy I treat all evergreens as suspect. Rhododendron is onw of the worst.

I can't find any brambles with leaves on atm!!!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2011, 04:40:18 pm »
oh Anke, come over here we've got more brambles with leaves than we can cope with lol. tripping over the things yesterday, ouch. I think we've got early spring here, its quite weird!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2011, 08:50:48 pm »
I have got some dried willowherb still in the polytunnel, they love those.

I also had some nettles, but they got a wee bit damp, so the male lambs/tup got them instead. They fought over them!

saw some snowdrop (just the green top though) poking through this weekend - so maybe there is spring in the air.... wishful thinking. last year we had our last bad snow/hail storm on March 31 - my first lambing day!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2011, 02:58:03 pm »
I think it feels 'sleety' here today. its been raining, not hard but very cold and horrible. we did have heavy snow this time last year (school boiler broke down - boo!) so anything is possible...
do you lamb indoors? must be hard going in snow and what a late snowfall, that's almost easter!

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2011, 09:46:18 pm »
This years lambing is later into April! I have some indoor space, but most of mine choose to lamb outdoors (especially if the weather is bad!)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS