Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What are you doing this month? January  (Read 15542 times)

princesspiggy

Re: What are you doing this month? January
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 06:45:29 pm »
will tell u wen they are here - dont want to tempt fate - long journey  ::) ::) :goat:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 08:17:42 pm »
ok, I'll let you off! ;)   I want to know all about them when theyve arrived though!!  :)

Our big hay rack has fallen off (split the wooden batten) and it is currently propped up against the wall so Max doesnt lie in it!  either has to wait til the weekend or a torch-in-the-dark job cos its really heavy (or I'm just weak!) & takes both of us...
Little Blue

divanp75

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Caithness
    • Scotshaven
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 10:04:12 pm »
Velvet is looking like a aircraft carrier so should be twins,  bagging up nicely so maybe another week and we might have kidds  :o

Did foot trimming on all girls except velvet.  Need to do the billies but they stink @ the minute  ;D

Waiting for two girls to come back in season to be covered by one of my young billies,  so far he has not done his job  >:(

Diane  :wave:

buddy

• Joined Feb 2009
  • I really love my life, especially when its sunny
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 10:39:33 pm »
I am a sad bunny with no babies due at all for the first time in a few years. I sold my breeding sheep after lambing this year and only have two female sheep/goat, the rest are wethers. Looking forward to not getting up all through the night but its terribly sad missing out on everything else. Had two tortoise eggs hatch over xmas which are fabulous. Feel the need to get that daschund which I have wanted for years but have too many dogs for hubby's liking. There is a chance he may have to work abroad for three days a week for a year, so I may get one anyway, depending on how brave I feel !?
So many jobs to do, snow damage repairs, redecorating to name a few but just can't seem to get them started for some reason.
Enjoying life making the most of whats available. My kids were little yesterday, today they are almost adults, where on earth did that change happen?

princesspiggy

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 11:38:28 pm »
they are here!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Bampton Bellini and Bampton Bling Bling
im very happy  ;D ;D they are gorgeous
Kids are due in not too distant future! fingers crossed
 :goat: :love: :goat: :love: :wave:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2011, 03:00:44 pm »
horray! Glad they arrived safely...

not related to my boy then, with Bampton name. 
Are you going to call them by their full names?!

dont forget to post up photos when you've got a minute, and tell us all about them  ;)
Little Blue

princesspiggy

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 07:14:52 pm »
theyv had a few days to settle in but caught them up today, bling-bling sat on my knee and had a scratch , kiss and cuddle, she put her head on my shoulder, gave a big sigh and shut her eyes and had a nap!! how cute is that. we might hand raise the kids to make them super-tame so it will be a fun year ahead.  ;D ;D ;D
not quite sure what there pet names will shorten to yet!
does anyone know where i could source a billy kid that had breeding potential? i think they need to be licensed though not 100% sure.
will try for fotos tomorrow!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 08:00:22 pm »
does anyone know where i could source a billy kid that had breeding potential? i think they need to be licensed though not 100% sure.

what do you mean by "licensed" ?!
And how far are you prepared to travel?  Am I right in thinking you're in Scotland??

cant wait for the photos!   how long til they kid?
Little Blue

princesspiggy

« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2011, 05:31:12 am »
( i may be wrong but im suffering from information overload at moment!!) i think i read somewhere that for a bagot billy to have registered progeny, they need to registered but also licensed (same with some breeds of ponies) to make sure they are up to breed standard. we are in NE scotland but will travel anywhere to get the right one. Would prefer a young billy so we can tame it, but then run the risk it doesnt come up to scratch when its older and it has to get licensed.
i think there is a farm park up in scotland that has bagots, so might be some contacts there, also there was a breeder in anglesey, but i think mine are related to those. Theres no hurry though, but would be nice to have an idea by autumn.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2011, 06:00:10 pm »
I've not heard that ... but then, our boy is to mate with our toggie,not another Bagot
I've sent off his registration paper to the BG society (though had no acknowledgement :roll:)

if you contact this place
http://petsitting-derbyshire.com/Contact-Us
they could tell you if they have any boys available  and probably where their lads have gone (one is in Derbyshire, with me! Cesar, of the Aldernham Joshua line (spelling?!)   :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:08:25 pm by little blue »
Little Blue

princesspiggy

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 06:15:35 pm »
thanks i will try that.  :love:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 06:40:26 pm »
say Cesar's "mum"  sent you!!
;)
Little Blue

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2011, 11:05:49 pm »
Little blue, some breed societies demand that in order for them to be properly classified as suitable breeding stock, they are inspected to make sure they meet the breed standard. I know the Old English goat club do this for their stock, although I'd not heard of the Bagot society doing it, it's not unheard of.

Beth

princesspiggy

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 11:48:49 am »
here they are!!!    ;D ;D :goat: ::) :goat: ;D ;D

princesspiggy

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 11:52:56 am »
im chuffed i can use my new camera (hurray!!)
they are still quite flighty but im sure they will settle. i still need a shepherds crook to catch them but they give a big sigh when they are caught and you can feel them relax, so im hoping they will come good. they are not a year old yet. really pleased with them so far.
what do you think?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS