Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Buying a coop  (Read 2048 times)

DIGGER

• Joined Sep 2010
Buying a coop
« on: November 09, 2010, 05:03:16 pm »
Hi All,
 I have been looking about for a coop that will be suitable for up to 12 birds,one that seems interesting is a 12 bird coop (137.00 inc del) from a compmany called Feelgooduk.net. Has anyone had any dealings with this company. I know that it's possible to knock up a rough shelter quite cheaply but my birds will be exposed to some extreme conditions so I want to make sure they are happy hens.

Any recomendations will be appreciated,

digger,  :dog:.

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
Re: Buying a coop
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 07:34:28 pm »
I would vote for buying a 6x4 shed and converting it if it is possiable,

i recently purchased this one  http://www.chicken-houses.co.uk/product_details.aspx?pid=331     

and am considering selling it (watch this space) and buying another shed and doing it up as i prefer the extra height as it gives the hens more living space indoors

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 07:37:07 pm »
we have a shed with lino on the floor (makes it easy to clean) and perches
much easier to clean and has the headroom as mentioned  :chook:

Brahma girl

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Norfolk
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 08:04:18 pm »
Hi

I to, have just got a coop from the same company you are looking at. For the money it's not bad value has a lot of space and is better than some I have seen on Ebay. Hubby has made a few ajustments but nothing redical. I have spent a lot more and got better from FlytesoFancy.co.uk but they have got to expensive. The sheds a good idea and for cleaning is so much easier on the back . Hope that helps

I live with my Hubby,dogs Ellie,Coco and Roo, my Cats Cilla, Archie, Chin. We keep beautiful Brahmas in Lemon Pyle. Red Pyle, Blue, Silver Blue, Gold Partridge, Black, Darks, Blue Splash. Lovely French Faverolles, cute Porcelain Pekins,Grey mottled,  Black, Lemon. Also Red Barbu d' Uccle.

TheCaptain

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 08:24:03 pm »
I'm another one for the shed conversion!  Extra headspace is a winner, the perches are mounted on 15mm copper pipe so we can vaseline them up to stop those little pesky red mite critters.  I also sealed all of the individuals slats of wood with filler to stop the mites getting in there.  And the floor. And the roof.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS