Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: all pals together  (Read 1193 times)

tazbabe

• Joined Aug 2010
  • ayrshire
all pals together
« on: November 08, 2010, 08:47:19 am »
let our baby flock out for the first time yesterday, they had a great time stayed in the garden, and christopher cockerel didn't attack them as i thought he might (i think 3 or 4 of them are cockerels) they all played in and out of each other's houses and runs, and went to bed at half 4 like good girls and boys. so glad it was an uneventful event!

just let them out today, and christopher cockerel went straight into their run to show them where the fresh food was! i am quite amazed, i was expecting more of a problem, especially as 5 of the newbie's are black, and he is very intolerant  of the 2 black hens in his flock. 1 more than the other, infact, 1 of the brown hens attacks her too, poor thing is in a terrible state, i hand feed her at night to make sure she gets her share.
you may light another's candle from your own without loss

BlueDaisy

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Grow your own - veg and chooks!
Re: all pals together
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 08:50:38 am »
Oh, bless, I do think chickens and cockerels are imbued with a healthy dose of 'motherly' instinct! If they hear a high pitched cheep cheep they tend to go into mothering mode.
So cute when they all roam about together.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Re: all pals together
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 09:00:42 pm »
I am quite impressed with our boy's behaviour. He's really looking after his girls and the young ones , unlike  the drakes! The only thing he is useless at is brekaing up the fights!  :chook: :&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS