Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bird Flu  (Read 8902 times)

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
Re: Bird Flu
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2021, 11:19:35 pm »
So am I right in thinking they can come out tomorrow? Sounds too good to be true!

You are!!!

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2021, 11:42:19 pm »
So am I right in thinking they can come out tomorrow? Sounds too good to be true!

You are!!!

30 days hath September, April, June and November
The rest have 31 days clear and 28 in each leap year.
 ;D

Your poultry can come out on Wed night at one minute to midnight, but they probably won't thank you for it.  In practice they can come out on Thursday morning.  And here in Scotland we can come out on Friday and drive a round a bit too.
I'll be joining the Poultry party  :celebrate: :yippee: :celebrate:

My plants and I are looking forward to having our polytunnel back  :garden:
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 11:44:17 pm by Fleecewife »
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2021, 12:08:57 am »
I would suggest Fleecewife missed a phrase out ... '30 days hath September, April, June and November:  all the rest have 31 excepting February which has 28 days clear and 29 in each leap year'.  :)

( I shall also be keeping the following old rhyme in mind in the next few days:  If the Oak should be out before the Ash, then we shall have a splash, but if the Ash is out before the Oak then we shall have a soak. )
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 12:14:01 am by arobwk »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2021, 10:37:40 am »
Strange in light of recent emails from APHA of new outbreaks but yes, domestic birds can be let out tfrom oday 31st March
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2021, 12:22:00 pm »
I would suggest Fleecewife missed a phrase out ... '30 days hath September, April, June and November:  all the rest have 31 excepting February which has 28 days clear and 29 in each leap year'.  :)

( I shall also be keeping the following old rhyme in mind in the next few days:  If the Oak should be out before the Ash, then we shall have a splash, but if the Ash is out before the Oak then we shall have a soak. )

I know, but I went for the shorter version because it already sounded horribly school marmish  ;D

The point is the birds have to wait until tomorrow morning to be let out.

I always note which comes out first, oak or ash, but I've no idea if either is followed by torrential rain or a drought.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2021, 02:21:42 pm »
I find these sayings best avoided. Just because it rhymes, doesn't make it true. "Cut thistles in May, and they'll grow in a day" - No, they clearly don't. It takes at least three days.

They're also terribly imprecise.  "A bee swarm in may is worth a load of hay" - how big a load?.

Anyway, forty days hath November, March, June and Febtember. If you die before you wake, then the mole your soul will take.

It's been a hard day, and I'm sleep deprived. Can anybody tell?  ;D
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2021, 06:01:09 pm »
At 05.45 I let the girls out to the freedom of the paddock, they went bananas ! louping about like idiots, and dust baths being dug, Oh and sunbathing , insect chasing and overall happiness .
I so glad to see them happy, now to clear up the "prison"
Happy days

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2021, 11:27:07 am »
My four have effectively done the job of a couple of pigs  :excited:  not a blade of grass left unpecked
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS