Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Covid Vax - have you had yours?  (Read 5182 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Covid Vax - have you had yours?
« on: February 12, 2021, 11:03:24 am »
Well I just had mine.  :relief:  Very quick. Arm not even sore. Early appointment and first in so I had the choice of which station to go to out of 10 - 2 bonny army laddies so I chose the taller, better looking one with a fancy mask. :roflanim:

Sat in my car reading my emails afterwards for the requisite 10/15 minutes, came home, walked the dog, fed the chickens, and the quail.

Kettle on for a cuppa and a slice of toast and onto the t'internet. :excited:

How are you all doing?  Any body else had theirs?  Any ill effects?   :gloomy:  Any moans?  :innocent: :rant:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Covid Vax - have you had yours?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 11:47:37 am »
My in-laws had theirs a couple of weeks ago. Both felt tired the next day and John said his arm was sore  ::) but otherwise fine. Glad they're done.

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 12:07:17 pm »
No sign of a vaccination in France. To say they are slow is a massive understatement and if we get ours this year I will be surprised. By the time they get to us they will have to start giving repeat jabs at 7 months. Think they have given 2.6 million Pfizer firsts and 0.5 million seconds. Latest news though are the side effects after the nursing staff got their second jab, with 2% experiencing severe flu-like symptoms, which are now being investigated.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 12:37:14 pm »
No sign of a vaccination in France. To say they are slow is a massive understatement and if we get ours this year I will be surprised. By the time they get to us they will have to start giving repeat jabs at 7 months. Think they have given 2.6 million Pfizer firsts and 0.5 million seconds. Latest news though are the side effects after the nursing staff got their second jab, with 2% experiencing severe flu-like symptoms, which are now being investigated.

My brother made the mistake of moving to France just before Christmas.  He would have had his vaccination by now if he'd stayed here.  Now, who knows when he'll get it, and he is older and at risk. 

We got our blue envelopes yesterday with appointments for next week (different days though) so unless they run out of supplies, we're organised.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 02:05:28 pm »
Had mine this morning, got met at the car by a lassie with a wheelchair , straight in , a couple of questions ,got the jag and a fifteen mins wait before getting wheeled back to the car.
Home for hot tea and toast.

chrismahon

• Joined Dec 2011
  • Gascony, France
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 02:14:35 pm »
Your brother was in a 'now or never' situation Fleecewife, because of Brexit. Unless you can prove residency before 31st December 2020 you can't be living here unless you are working. There has been a rush of buyers or renters during the year. Healthcare here is far better than the UK, although expensive. I can get a Doctors appointment same day. It's just a shame that they've made such a mess of the vaccination programme. They started with the grand scheme of having all pharmacies giving the jabs, but have they got -70C storage facilities? Well definitely not and it took a month for the penny to drop (sorry, cent).

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 05:47:44 pm »
My 1st jab this afternoon - Phyzer - at GP Med Centre in centre of town.  Both practices at the Centre called me in actually - I obviously informed the 2nd that I already had appointment so they aware I have not ignored vaccine offer.  Took car as was bitterly cold and blowing a hoolie.  Took an hour overall to find parking and to be eventually called into a consulting room - as it happens exactly on my appointment time.  Long queue and some queuing outside in the cold was required - dress up warm when you get your call.

Have to say all quite efficient and being the Phyzer vac' it had to be to avoid wastage - I seem to think Doc said 1,200 of us were being processed today.  I have calculated that to equate to about 2.5 jabs per minute over an 8 hour day.  However, I've never been in such a crowd of people since this whole thing started (which is why I have not accepted the invite for a flu jab - I wasn't going to refuse the Covid jab/s though).

Can't say that all folk in the queue had "read the email" on social distancing.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 06:03:17 pm by arobwk »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 07:19:42 pm »
It seems to be different all over the world.

I had to go to the local college campus - appointment was 8.30, I had a 5/7 minute drive but went out at 8.10 in case of problems - just as well I did as my car was totally frozen.  Got screen wash sprayed on and the scraper on it, and off I went; The farm road was the worst - rutted due to heavy vehicles, but fortunately only a couple of hundred yards to the village road, then it was straight through. 

Sign post at the car park entrance, sign post on the rotunda door, and warm and cosy inside.  All very well organised, sanitised hands on entering, told where to sit, called to reception to log in, details logged on CHI/EMIS, guided through to the area with the booths and offered my choice.  It was funny - they were all holding their arms out to greet me - I went for the  choice of two army lads; the taller, fit guy with a fancy mask took my eye, :excited: a few questions, then I hardly even noticed the needle. Couldn't have been better.

I still feel fine by the way, 12 hours later, after dog walk, washing car, sweeping path, feeding hens and quail, playing snowballs with the dog, putting the chooks to bed, feeding cat and dog, and me.

Time now to sit and watch telly and do some of my tapestry
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

RCTman

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Rhondda fach
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2021, 08:16:48 pm »
Had mine yesterday at the Sports Centre, also had a call from the Surgery inviting me there. Keep safe everybody.

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2021, 09:24:57 pm »
I have been offered and refused it. Don't ask me why because i think it's a personal thing. I've done a lot of research (I used to work for the medical research council) and I'm not happy about it; but would not want to discourage anyone else who feels happy to have it.

However - just as a matter of interest - look up Ivomectin covid treatment. There has been a well documented trial in India where Ivomec was used as a preventative and as a covid treatment. It reduced deaths from covid by 83%. Hydroxychloroquine is equally effective in drastically cutting the death rate. One might ask oneself why they are not used to instantly reduce the number of people in ICU, and thereby at a stroke reducing the strain on the NHS. :thinking:

Now I have posted this, merely because the question was asked. I don't wish to start an argument. I have not tried to push my views on anyone else and I don't want anyone else telling me I am wrong. As I initially said - it's a personal thing and I am entitled to my own opinions, just as those of you who have had, or will be having the vaccine are entitled to yours.
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2021, 09:52:20 pm »
Interesting @landroverroy:  any links to the info that you can post for ease of reference ?

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2021, 01:04:21 am »
You're right @chrismahon, my brother had to leave then, perhaps rather sooner than he wanted too, because of Brexit.  His daughter moved to Paris at the same time to take up her new job there.

You needed to dress up warm @arobwk but my appointment is at 1000 on Friday, when the temp here is forecast to be +8C and rising, which will be positively boiling after the temps we've had here since Dec 27th.  Just as well, as if I had to wear my full outdoor uniform of two long sleeved vests, two cashmere jumpers and one extra sized 'sloppy Jo' jumper, with scarf, neckwarmer and hat, plus a coat, then their high speed system would stagger to a halt as I searched for an arm under that lot.   You may have read of the horrible mess-up at Glasgow last week, where a large numer of 'over 80s' were left queueing outside in deep snow and below zero temps for up to 3 hours, with nowhere to sit and no way to keep warm.  I hope to goodness none of them had taken the advice to dress in such a way as to make it easy to access their arms. Eventually buses came along to take them to the local hospital - I wonder how many were kept in with hypothermia?

It does feel strange that I shall be amongst quite a few people, for the first time in a year - how ironic it would be to catch the virus at the vaccination centre.
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2021, 07:29:59 am »

You are all showing your age  :roflanim:  ..... got bit of a wait here yet (March I suspect).

It does feel strange that I shall be amongst quite a few people, for the first time in a year - how ironic it would be to catch the virus at the vaccination centre.

My son (a first responder)  got Covid a week after vaccination ...  ironic as he has been first on scene of many patients over the past year .... and first responders weren't being routinely tested!
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

smhowie

• Joined May 2014
  • irvine, ayrshire, scotland
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2021, 08:32:36 am »
yes had my first vaccination getting second in march the joys of being a front line worker

Goatherd

• Joined Dec 2014
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2021, 11:15:29 am »

Im with Landroverroy Not Sure about it  We all stick to 4 to 6 week second shot when giving
 Lambivac and other injections yet the people one has been stretch to 12 weeks it was 3 to 4 weeks in the start
 just makes me wonder.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS