Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Insurance and diversification  (Read 881 times)

honeyend

• Joined Oct 2011
Insurance and diversification
« on: November 21, 2020, 10:35:29 am »
I use Greenlands insurance, which covers for up to seven camping tents, I have never used it. The 28 day rule was extended this year to 52 days, and I think it may be extended next year, so I was thinking of planning some pop-up events, probably small scale weddings as most of the larger venues not reducing their charges in line with how many people are allowed to attend, and what activities attendees can actually take part in.
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/632/pdfs/uksiem_20200632_en.pdfI have been browsing for suitable event insurance, but does anyone have any experience with this sort of insurance? Online quotes so far are about £400, but I am more concerned about getting the right cover. I will be speaking to my regular broker but each one seems to have a speciality
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:37:04 am by honeyend »

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
Re: Insurance and diversification
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 07:24:29 pm »
I have my farm insured with the NFU, and they also cover my diversification projects ie wedding events (we've only had 1), jet skiing and 3 glamping pods. I'm pretty sure it doesn't come to £400 extra for the latter.
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: Insurance and diversification
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 09:50:51 pm »
Extension of 28 day rule to 56 days very interesting:  I hadn't heard.  Would be good if, indeed, extended into 2021 or beyond.  [ Especially for folk constrained by overage clauses on their land relating to tourism use requiring planning permission. ]

Being a critic of Cornwall's dependency (without much control) on tourism, I really would not wish to (wouldn't) add to the main-season hordes, but a bit of out-of-season flexibility over 56 days could be really quite useful.  Food for thought, thanks honeyend, should the 56 day rule be extended beyond 2020!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 03:19:58 am by arobwk »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS