Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Amazon and unordered stuff  (Read 22242 times)

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
Re: Amazon and unordered stuff
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2019, 07:25:01 pm »

Having been seen in the buff by Alison one of our regular couriers ( she poked her head through the shower room window get a signature ) I maybe think the 40year age difference would be a no  :D
Having said that, she's a goth and has some amazing artwork , think Lydia , you have to be old for that one !
Yeah, we have a really old courier too.. :roflanim:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2019, 10:11:54 am »
 :roflanim:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2019, 03:39:08 pm »
Ok as promised a bag of assorted scrunchies from the Chinese orient via the Brazilian rain forest river , these colourful and much sought after scrunchies have a multitude of uses limited only by your own imagination.
I can accept no responsibility whatsoever  for any loss ,damage or embarrassment caused by the use of these exotic Oriental scrunchies Made in China.
To have a wonderful opportunity to win these delightfully colourful beauty decorations please answer this; what is  the most stupid question ever.
 My decision is final etc etc yada yada yada  terms and stuff .

Edited to add Free P&P
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 07:32:17 pm by Rupert the bear »

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2019, 07:36:53 pm »
OK, I'll start it off to give everyone a laugh...  I know they say there's no such thing as a stupid question but I once emailed the RPD with the email title "What's my CPH number?" and the email detail recorded... "My holding number is XX YY ZZZZ!  I didn't get a reply and was getting a bit frazzled as I needed it for something or other so I phoned them... and asked the same question.

In fairness, I think I'd have been much less polite and forgiving if someone had phoned me with such a stupid question!  But in my defence I didn't realise there should have been a zero in front of the middle set of digits!

RtB - as for your courier getting an eyeful...she asked for it if she stuck her head in the bathroom and to some extent it goes with the job!  It's amazing how many people don't hear the door being knocked, or the doorbell going, and yet when the courier goes to deliver around the back etc they're strutting around exercising in their birthday suit or frying sausages without so much as an apron.  I had one chap regularly open the door in his "leo the lie-in" onesie... complete with face paint.  The biscuit goes to a colleague of mine though, who had the resident open the door in full Nazi SS uniform!  The resident decided to try to explain that it was his Jewish girlfriend's fetish not his idea... at which point it just started getting really weird!!!  I think the swastikas on the lamppost outside the house should have been some kind of warning but there really are some odd people out there!

" frying sausages without so much as an apron."  is that an euphemism for some thing. As for Alison the courier she is quite happy to display her latest and sometimes not so visible tats,not good for the ticker

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2019, 10:53:03 pm »
[quote author=Scarlet.Dragon link=topic=103352.msg728843#msg728843 date=1576610910

RtB - as for your courier getting an eyeful...she asked for it if she stuck her head in the bathroom and to some extent it goes with the job!  It's amazing how many people don't hear the door being knocked, or the doorbell going, and yet when the courier goes to deliver around the back etc they're strutting around exercising in their birthday suit or frying sausages without so much as an apron.  I had one chap regularly open the door in his "leo the lie-in" onesie... complete with face paint.  The biscuit goes to a colleague of mine though, who had the resident open the door in full Nazi SS uniform!  The resident decided to try to explain that it was his Jewish girlfriend's fetish not his idea... at which point it just started getting really weird!!!  I think the swastikas on the lamppost outside the house should have been some kind of warning but there really are some odd people out there!

I used to earn a bit extra by delivering phone books. One house had a sign saying, "Deliveries round the back please." So I wandered round the back to see the lady of the house, knickers round her ankles, sitting on the toilet. She didn't appear to have seen me so I took a couple of steps back, waited until I heard the flush and stepped in view to give her her phone book.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2019, 08:05:00 am »
so I took a couple of steps back, waited until I heard the flush and stepped in view to give her her phone book.

:roflanim: Now thats timing   :roflanim:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2020, 07:31:49 pm »
Yes yes I know what your thinking, what now.....

Samsung Galaxy 10 lite ( pause for effect ) 

premium tempered  "AHABIPERS" screen protector#

anyone want it ? post free

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2020, 07:07:11 pm »
[member=136323]Rupert the bear[/member] , did you ever get to the bottom of this?

I've just had a copy of The Accelerated Learning Handbook delivered - correctly addressed and in Amazon packaging, but it's not something I've ordered!

Any ideas?
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2020, 09:47:07 pm »
[member=136323]Rupert the bear[/member] , did you ever get to the bottom of this?

I've just had a copy of The Accelerated Learning Handbook delivered - correctly addressed and in Amazon packaging, but it's not something I've ordered!

Any ideas?
Make sure you check your Amazon settings - make sure they are not charging you for Amazon prime or some other rubbish like that!
Amazon is an evil company!
Back in the days if you typed relentless.com it used to go to amazon.com!
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2020, 11:47:20 am »
Back in the days if you typed relentless.com it used to go to amazon.com!
It still does
There was a programme about Amazon on TV a couple of nights ago, giving tips on how to beat them, but it didn't mention any free stuff.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2020, 01:18:53 pm »

Any ideas?

Welcome to the club !  no doubt more to follow  :D 
I dont even have an Amazon account any more, and any payments to Amazon are blocked by the bank  . any ebay and other on line shopping is strictly controlled so that route is covered .
As far as Amazon are concerned they have asked me not to return stuff and just dispose of it as I see fit.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2020, 11:37:12 am »
Yes yes I know what your thinking, what now.....

Samsung Galaxy 10 lite ( pause for effect ) 

premium tempered  "AHABIPERS" screen protector#

anyone want it ? post free
Give it to your local volunteer group.  I've just given my old phone and my Hudl2 to our development Trust team, so that Covid19 patients can speak to their loved ones on facetime or messenger
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2020, 03:01:46 pm »
and todays Amazon gift.... a resistance band. looks like a giant rubber band. I'm sure I can find a use for it.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS