NFU Mutual Smallholding Insurance

Author Topic: Amazon and unordered stuff  (Read 5143 times)

Oopsiboughtasheep

• Joined Aug 2014
  • Hampshire
Re: Amazon and unordered stuff
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2018, 02:33:22 pm »
So sorry for any offence caused Womble  :roflanim: the quote marks were only cos I wasn't confident that you had actually patented your Inventions  ;D I still have, in regular use, one of your brilliant salt lick holders which stops it disintegrating in the rain. Just the job and I always enjoy seeing other ideas that you come up with, be they practical or just hilarious. Keep them coming...  :sheep: :sheep:
Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive
Voss Electric Fence

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2018, 05:32:37 pm »
Seriously, a suitcase generator!?  Keep hold of that for sure!!

(Unless it's a device for generating suitcases. But then again, that could be pretty useful too).
And by the way of a tease....
The book looks like a good read, just had to take the genny out of the box and look at it , it's the law y'know :innocent:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 05:34:28 pm by Rupert the bear »

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2019, 05:42:23 pm »
Oh no, not again....   flat square box from Amazon, haven't opened it, yet  any guesses ?

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2019, 06:05:31 pm »
iPad?

Mad Goatwoman of Madeley

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2019, 10:01:45 pm »
Framed picture

Scarlet.Dragon

• Joined May 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2019, 07:16:49 am »
Oh no, not again....   flat square box from Amazon, haven't opened it, yet  any guesses ?

Do we win it if we get it right????
Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2019, 12:15:43 pm »
Is this not some sort of scam. Sure I read this somewhere.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2019, 01:49:47 pm »
Is this not some sort of scam. Sure I read this somewhere.
This what I thought it might be but, I now no longer have an Amazon account and the bank block any transaction to Amazon EU and US . As I mentioned before it looks like a 3rd party seller mistakenly using my address.
To be fair Amazon have been very helpful, I have been told what to do "going forward" ( buzz phrase of the month )
As for the latest box it will remain unopened for the next few days kept in a safe place until it is either requested back at the senders expense or abandoned  :innocent:  .

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2019, 08:20:26 pm »
Just listen in case it's ticking  :coat:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Mad Goatwoman of Madeley

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2019, 08:46:10 pm »

:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2019, 08:47:23 pm »
Well I have upset many one or two people in my time !

Scarlet.Dragon

• Joined May 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2019, 05:19:53 pm »
Well I have upset many one or two people in my time !

It's an alarm clock to disrupt your retirement!!!!
Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2019, 03:47:28 pm »

It's an alarm clock to disrupt your retirement!!!!
B$**dy retirement ! not enough hours in the day,even thiough I have slowed physically ,might take a wee job just to get a rest.
 Anyway 90cm x 175cm  5 tier shelf unit delivered today , very useful just have to wait a while ..

Scarlet.Dragon

• Joined May 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2019, 04:39:19 pm »
I wonder how the rest of us can "opt in" to freebies galore???

cloddopper

• Joined Jun 2013
  • South Wales .Carmarthenshire. SA18
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2019, 11:09:26 pm »
Due to my £800 fully tracked must be signed for in person two day delivery item being sent to Sheffield instead of South Wales and they not finding the name & address there various delivery companies took up the hue & cry looking for it .

It was correctly addressed inc post code ,  but the barcode reader confused the bar code for SA18 with barcode S18 ..
 As a result it was sent to the Sheffield depot. When it was found to be undeliverable ,  someone made up a new label using the Sheffield post code S18 43B ,  stuck it over the correct one and away it went out for delivery again to somewhere in Sheffield . It was retained at the Sheffield depot because it was not delivered , a note was left in the letterbox saying there was a parcel to collect.

It was only when the person at the address in Sheffield took their driving licence  with them to collect the parcel that their name was found to be different to the one on the address so not handed over.

I complained bitterly to the main carrier & told the senders what the score was,  for the tracking showed the whole  journey and said it was undelivered delivered .
 Eventually I got a couple of phone calls telling me what the state of play was and when things should happen .

It did eventually arrive a couple of weeks late .

It seems the auto label readers in their depots can read most things but on a slightly porous paper for a printed label or a slight smudge of the newly printed label can change a thin bar code stripe to be read as a thick one thus your gear goes elsewhere .

I'd check out things with the citizens advice people & your local trading standards office if you get unsolicited deliveries . I certainly wouldn't spend my time or money trying to sort things out .

It seems that Amazon does this occasionaly too  I got nearly a hundred 300 ml Weck preserving jars , weeks after receiving the right number of the ones I'd ordered.

It took several weeks  of contacting and replying to Amazons emails before it was sorted ..
In the end  I decided I'd like to pay for the extra jars as we hope to do a lot of pressure canning at home in 2019 . Got given a case of the jars for free as compensation .

It appears that when I first looked at the jars using my account on my computer  I put them in my cart but had not paid for them , meantime my wife had ordered & paid for them via her account on her computer .

Their computer system then had a brain fart & processed both orders , sent out all manner of confusing  emals saying they are temporarily out of stock , a part order will be sent,  the order will be delivered on  /xx/18 .

After the second delivery I checked out my shopping cart they were not there ..but I'd not paid for them at that time .
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 11:25:27 pm by cloddopper »
Strong belief , triggers the mind to find the way ... Dyslexia just makes it that bit more amusing & interesting

Win £10 Amazon Voucher Smallholders Veterinary Experience

Started by ashdon98765

Replies: 17
Views: 3124
Last post September 18, 2013, 09:17:42 am
by ashdon98765
What do you recycle into new stuff

Started by Tullywood Farm

Replies: 7
Views: 2260
Last post July 27, 2009, 11:21:40 pm
by northfifeduckling
Snow Stuff

Started by hughesy

Replies: 4
Views: 1084
Last post January 18, 2013, 10:09:54 pm
by Mel Rice
Stuff and nonsense.

Started by SirDoolb

Replies: 24
Views: 5364
Last post April 06, 2014, 12:10:26 pm
by midtown
Dodgy Stuff in Magazines again.

Started by hughesy

Replies: 29
Views: 7245
Last post April 20, 2012, 01:55:11 pm
by deepinthewoods

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Little Peckers

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2019. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS