Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello! Just to introduce myself and get an idea of.....  (Read 1516 times)

Meeko1989

• Joined Aug 2018
Hello! Just to introduce myself and get an idea of.....
« on: August 09, 2018, 11:41:33 am »
Looking to know how much I might need to spend on a couple of acres of land in the Cheshire area, I've seen a parcel of land of 4 acres for sale around £30,000. If I was purchasing this land I would need financial help, do you know any grants or schemes in place to help people to become small-holders? I would really appreciate any information regarding startup help, once started would be easy to maintain the land. This land I've seen advertised is listed as agricultural and accommodation so I'm assuming the idea of having a caravan on there wouldn't be a problem? Or getting planning permission to erect a building or even a tiny house on wheels which would be classed as a temporary accommodation anyway but may need to be linked to some kind of mains or registered as an address to receive mail.
Thanks for your help.
Speak soon.
Also great to be part of the community and hope can get something started as would like to open a sanctuary for animals of all kinds.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Hello! Just to introduce myself and get an idea of.....
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 01:45:16 pm »
Sorry to dampen your enthusiasm, but ‘accommodation land’ does not mean has residential planning permission.  It means land used for grazing herbivores; I’m not an expert but I think it may mean can only be used for grazing or other non-destructive use, ie, may not be ploughed.

At £7,500 per acre, there’s no way that has residential planning permission of any kind.  Which is not to say you might not be able to get permission to put up some sort of temporary, movable bed space, depending on justification and the locals, but I would think it would be no more or less likely than on any other sort of land at that price.

Best of luck, though, I hope it works out!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 06:31:44 pm »
Or getting planning permission to erect a building or even a tiny house on wheels which would be classed as a temporary accommodation anyway but may need to be linked to some kind of mains or registered as an address to receive mail.

Totally agree with SiN     
Also I believe the minute you attach a 'building' to any mains it become a permanent building not a mobile one ….  so would require full planning. 

No you wont find financial help to become a smallholder generally. Nor will you usually be able to get a mortgage on agricultural land.

My advise it to work hard, save hard, and look to buy land with accommodation (however tatty)  …. which is somewhere cheaper such as Wales or Scotland ….. which is what most of us have done.
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 07:40:03 pm »
Hello Meeko and welcome to the forum. You'll get loads of support and advice on here but maybe not what you are hoping for. These guys have already been where you are so they know the answers. Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 08:21:24 am »
Hi Meeko and welcome :wave:

thehay95

• Joined Aug 2018
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 08:28:58 am »
welcome, i'm hay
cong ty giúp việc nhà ăn ở lại, dich vu giup viec nha, dich vu tim nguoi giup viec nha gia re, chuyen nha quan 1, chuyen nha quan 2

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS