Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lightning strike  (Read 3196 times)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
Re: Lightning strike
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2018, 12:58:29 pm »
Perversely the insurance for the static excludes lightning but the policy on old croft house includes it.
I looked under the static this morning to check it , the frame rests on concrete blocks an the tyres are just off the ground , there is a burn mark on one of the tyres !!! and a drain pipe is "withered" and needs to be replaced.
The electrician said had it been resting on both tyres the charge would have gone to ground better , hence the earth pit and rod .

A shockingly expensive weekend

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2018, 04:08:00 pm »
My Granny used to go and smash jam jars under a willow tree to prevent further bad luck.

!!!?  Rtb - may I suggest you try the match-stick first.  LOL

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2018, 09:28:48 pm »
Perversely the insurance for the static excludes lightning but the policy on old croft house includes it.
I looked under the static this morning to check it , the frame rests on concrete blocks an the tyres are just off the ground , there is a burn mark on one of the tyres !!! and a drain pipe is "withered" and needs to be replaced.
The electrician said had it been resting on both tyres the charge would have gone to ground better , hence the earth pit and rod .

A shockingly expensive weekend
But all your stuff was in the old croft house wasn't it?  And the  lighting travelled to it. :innocent:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS