Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: So what did you do today?  (Read 9005 times)

ser3dan

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: So what did you do today?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 09:21:32 pm »
Well, if you really want to know.......  ;D
Went to work this morning hoping for an easy wind down before holidays and ended up dismantling, repairing and reassembling the front of a fork lift truck. This afternoon has been turning all the black bits of my Discovery black, and hoovering and cleaning the inside ( I washed and waxed the outside yesterday ) ready for holidays. I've finished my packing, had a haircut, wandered into the local pub with my girlfriend for a very quick pint, then home for tea, and am now slumped with a glass of wine watching the football ( which is a rarity for me! ).

Dan.

Fergie

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010, 09:42:05 pm »
Today I got the hay in.

In June the weather was warm & dry, but the grass was far too short.  It rained all through July & August (well, maybe not every day, but enough to discourage cutting grass).  It was ready by mid August, and I cut it last Sunday.  Apart from a heavy shower on Wednesday it's been a wonderful warm week in Lanarkshire, and today we baled about 3 acres.  We got about 120 small bales, which are the best quality I've managed so far, and enough to last us a couple of years if need be.

John

Sandy

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 10:15:02 pm »
NOt sure what order as I did a lot in my dressing gown and nothing else :o :o We have been full and the men are all returning next week but are also busy tonight, changed 10 beds and put them in the washer with loads upon loads of towels, hosed down the peeeeee smelly yeard, fed our dogs, cleared a bit of the freezer and gave the bits to the chicky ducks (they loved that) chatted to my daughter, went off for a shower then dressed and did the rest of the cleaning and changeover all all the bedrooms/bathroom etc. Made enough curry to feed a wedding reception and then went off tat tars, after greating the new guests who have been here several times already!!! Now, after that big curry a big wee dram and set the breakfast table.....nighty nite!! Not quite, a guest came to pay for his weeks stay and we started chatting and had a laugh..never get to bed very early!!!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 03:53:21 pm by Sandy »

sheardale

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Dollar, Clacks, Scotland
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 01:00:48 pm »
Got up, let birds out, fed them, had breakfast, went library, then swithched this comp on and now everything is at a standstill.  lol    must get miotivated

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 06:38:27 pm »
Got up, showered, fed dogs, fed birds, tried to feed me but milk was off so jumped in car and fetched milk and bread from Co-op to feed me, and get stuff for lunch for me and No 1 son. Let dogs out into back garden, helped son as best a fat old wumman could with digging out ground for pond liner, got it in and sand packed round it, then helped him lay weedproof fabric ready for chuckies(gravel to you sassenachs  ;)).  Just phoned my handyman to get chuckies ordered on Monday so I can use his trade discount.  Fed dogs again, about to feed me and silly bitch who came in season and had to be taken inside fast to stop the boys finding out!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2010, 06:47:44 pm »
Got up at 5.30; fed horses, sheep, dogs, hens and cats; loaded Buddy; went to Thainstone Rare Breed sale; bought a tup; didn't sell Buddy; loaded the sheep; came home; fed the hens, dogs, cats. Now waiting for M&S dinner to cook. Then bed, I think! ;D

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2010, 09:59:02 pm »
got up, after 1hours sleep  :o (due to a snoring teacher)

went for a cold swim the river tilt, had breakfast, multiple toast, and 2rashers of bacon, then a 15mile hike through glen tilt, then another refreshing swim, and a bus journey to st.Andrews, 55minute wait for tea, then home, and now this

piggy

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2010, 12:51:24 am »
Had a lovely day and night wondering around amsterdam.

Sandy

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2010, 08:47:34 am »
Yesterday, did the B&B stuff then cleared off to visit our VW and VERY bad news, lots and lots and lots of welding so now going to sell her like she is so far less money but should sell, then went off to garden centers to look for a replacement shrub for outside the front door...nothing, so stopped off for a coffee at the boffy!!! and bought a pack of sweets, a bottle of raspberry juice and some wholesome crips for steve and instead of seeing Scottish stuff, the juice was from Lincoln, the crisps Derby, the sweets were from Market Harborough...where I used to live, pluss we had been chatting about an old friend and  it just happened that he worked for that company!! Home, more cleaning, guests back then off for walkies with the dog, poor Rhum has a sore paw, then back for curry and an E Mail that annoyed me ALL night......the in laws have only provisionaly booked a hotel room for our wedding and are waiting for a formal invite before they proceed!! how stupid is that, I have told them several times the time date etc and that we have booked the mnister...,formal invite, its only in our dinning room for goodness sake...then guests joined us and chatted and that was that..but I am still mad..I fell like saying stuff it then and I now feel they will put a damper on a nice informal family day!! >:( Whops, forgot to say, the usual blue flasshing lights outside again, not sure what it was but the house opposite had half naked young people (around 14-15 year olds) hanging out the windows yet again, most nights they do that, I think its only this house that can see them, a guest and my partner stood outside the front porch to smoke and saw a naked girl with her back the open bedroom window doing what looked like press ups ;)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 08:52:08 am by Sandy »

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2010, 11:51:43 am »
I meant to post in here yesterday, because I went to fetch my piggies! They are now ensonced in our (grandly called) orchard. Also did lots of washing, re-filled all the duck's ponds, did a supermarket shop, gave the milking machine a proper big clean out, cooked tea, did the goats at night again, rounded up the piglets so I could persuade them to go into their house and then I collapsed on the sofa!

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS